
I had a positive pregnancy test on Friday, October 23rd but it was soooo faint that I was questioning whether or not I was just willing it to be positive. Of course I called my mom and consulted her, and four very faint pregnancy tests later... I was about 70% sure that I was pregnant. So, I went to the clinic on Monday for the "real" pregnancy test. When the blood test came back positive Joe HAD to believe me. They estimated my due date to be July 1, 2010.
My first OB Appointment on Tuesday, December 1st revealed the small miracle growing inside my belly. At this point I was 8 weeks and 5 days (so the baby is supposed to look like an alien). You can see a little hand if you look closely.
The heartbeat looked like a little flutter and when the ultrasound technician pushed the transducer in the little creature moved away... it reminded me of the tadpoles I use to catch in the ditch near my house when I was little, they were like half formed frogs that still had a tail.

My mom was pretty tickled with the baby bump, she gave me lots of belly rubs and Joe is starting to talk to it... I was in denial at first, telling everyone that it was gas or fat from all the food they were feeding me but it is only going to bigger from this point on. BTW this picture was taken at 13 weeks and 2 days gestation.

5 comments:
I'm looking forward to actually seeing that "bump" that will soon transform into my precious grandchild. Love, Lady
Nate & Kate can't wait for a Haggerty cousin!!! I think it's a girl!
You're Pregnant!!!
Can't wait to meet the new little one! The husband and I will come for a visit sometime this next fall. I'm already excited just thinking about it!
Love You Bunches and Bunches!!
We are so happy for you guys. 2010 will be a great year for you and our entire extended family.
Love Aunt Ruth
Congrats to you guys!! We are so excited for you! Hope you are feeling well so far.
Post a Comment