Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Visit with Steph and Hannah

A couple weeks ago we took a road trip over to Lakeport, CA to see my BFF Steph before she had her baby.  The girls did really well on the trip but I definitely wouldn't want to drive across the country with them again.  When we got to Steph's house, Hannah was in school, the girls investigated the chickens but the favorite thing was the horsie swing.

I pushed Jessica on the swing and, at first, Allison was giggling when Jessica pushed her but then she decided she didn't like it.  These videos are pretty cute.




After we picked up Hannah from the bus stop, we all went to Foster's Freeze in Clear Lake.  Grandpa Jim always took me there when I was little.
The girls played.


Then we went to the playground across the street and played for a bit before we drove home.


Jessica couldn't resist the shoreline, she had to collect some shells.


I was surprised that we didn't put Steph into labor during our visit.  Baby Maddison was born about ten days later on October 19th at 9:52pm weighing 8lbs 1oz.  Steph had a natural birth and the doctors and nurses said that Maddison was too healthy.

Here's a picture of Maddy with her daddy. (Also named Joseph, but we call him J.)
Smiling at her big sister.

And ready to go home.


Allison saw the picture of baby Maddison with her daddy and said that it was her.  After all, SHE is the baby in all the pictures in her daddy book.  I can't wait for her to get more pictures of herself with her daddy.


Funny pics.
The girls are watching you tube videos for kids but they look like they are watching Schindler's List.
Here's a video.

Watching the Computer


The girls talked about singing Happy Birthday to their Meema for a couple days when I told them it was her birthday.

Singing Happy Birthday to Meema

4 comments:

Daddy said...

I'm glad Jess and Alli didn't force Steph into an early labor. Congrats Steph! Only a couple more days till I get to see my girls!

Love, Daddy

James said...

Stephanie sure has some beautiful children. 8 pounds 10 ounces is certainly a big beautiful healthy baby girl!I loved the picture and video of Allison and Jessica watching those videos. They were a crack up - the expression on their face.....I think you nailed it with the Schindlers list comment. That was a cute video of the three girls playing in the fosters freeze, boy does that bring back memories. The horsey swing was way cute too.

Meema said...

Congratulations, Steph!
Jessica sings so sweetly now, and Alli sings too!
I can't wait for you to see your girls, Daddy! They miss you!

M said...

The last video was very nice. I bet Meema will cherish this year's birthday celebration.