Last Friday Jess and I met Nathan, Kathryn and Megan at the Gulfarium in Fort Walton Beach. Here's a picture of the terrific trio in a giant clam shell. This was the best shot I could get, after all, Nathan can only hold onto one squirmy little girl at a time. Thank you Nathan.

The Gulfarium was really small but it was packed with fun. We got to see two dolphin shows. Jessica actually paid attention to the first show.


The kids could look through these little peep holes and watch the dolphins swim around.

Here's a video of the kids looking through the peep holes. I think Jessica fell back when Kathryn hugged her but Nathan saw it differently, he said she pulled Jess down. Hard to say, even with video playback.
By the time we got to the second show the kids were more interested in the view of the parking lot. I had to take Jessica's shirt off periodically because it was hot n' muggy and she can't wear shorts because her knees will get scratched. Actually, this was when Jess said "mama" for the very first time. The 2nd dolphin show featured a mother/daughter duo so she heard the trainer saying mama and she looked right in my face and said an unmistakable mama. I was more excited about that than those dolphins! In fact, she hasn't stopped saying mama and now everything is mama. When it rains it pours.

Kathryn had to take off her shirt since Jessica did. Here's a shirtless Kathryn watching the sea lion show.



Megan and I seem to instinctually coordinate Kathryn and Jessica's outfits.

There was a big aquarium inside the gulfarium too. It was air conditioned, so that's where I wanted to hang out.

Jessie loves the freedom of crawling around and Kathryn loves a cherry Icee.

Sharing her cherry Icee is a different story though, see for yourself in this video.
The fun didn't end with the Gulfarium. We got to spend the entire weekend with K8, N8 and Megan! Originally, Joe was going to be gone for work for the whole weekend but when he found out how much fun we were going to have he somehow managed to get out of it, hmmm.

Nathan was sure happy to see Uncle Joe. I think Nate was more excited about Joe than he was about the Gulfarium. Here Bunker is giving Nate, Joe and Jess a tour of his hunting grounds aka our backyard.

Jess peeked in the window at me while I was on the computer.

Nathan is quite the comedian, even when he's not trying to be funny. Here he is doing an impression of Aunt Lexi. I should have seen this coming. He did tell me that my belly was really big that morning.

In this video Jessica is trying to make Nathan help her walk.
After our fabulous weekend I can't stop thinking about Nathan and Kathryn. Everything seems to remind me of them. It's a good thing the fun is not nearly over. Our next fun adventure will be at the zoo, so stay tuned!
5 comments:
If this post doesn't make Paw-Paw and Lady move down here I don't know what will! I'm glad I was a part of that day because that was fun. That was absolutely hilarious. When we're in the moment of crazy kids it's hard to realize how funny it actually is!
This post had me rolling in laughter. Those 3 together are the biggest crack up! And so completely lovable. I loved when Jess laid on the floor awhile while the debate went on, they are all too funny for words. It looks like you all had the best time ever. You are fortunate to have such beautiful children, and Alli makes 4!
Thank you again, I will watch the videos on this blog and the walking blog many times.
Those grandkids of ours are a circus! I'm starting to feel sorry for Kathryn because it looks like Nathan and Jessie are the buddies. It's interesting to hear Nathan blame Kathryn for Jessie falling when Aunt Lexi was trying to defend Kathryn.
Thank you for the latest. It is great to get all the cousins together. I am so glad you guys live closer together now. They are all so cute. The dolphin show looked like fun for the whole family.
Ha! I just watched the fall vs. pull down video again and heard Nathan yell, "I'm gonna give you a spanking, Boomba!" as he chased her off. No doubt who Nate's favorite is!
Post a Comment