Thursday, November 8, 2012

Disney Cruise: Part Two

Our Bahamian cruise landed in two ports: Nassau and Castaway Cay (Disney's private island).  We arrived just days after hurricane Sandy as you can see by the sign in Nassau half gone.
I guess the whole process of getting off the ship was even more exhausting for the girls than for me and Joe.  We didn't even make it off the pier before they were both asleep as you can see in both pictures.  (Don't worry Meema, we only let Jessica's head dangle like that for the pictures.  Joe angled her back on two wheels and gently guided her back onto the boat after we got the pictures we wanted.)  Yep, we walked out onto the pier, took a picture and turned around and got right back on the boat.
Daddy carrying his little princess back to the cabin.
When we got back to the cabin we found these pirate skull caps waiting for us.  Nassau day was also designated pirate day.  Allison was the only one that could pull off the look.
Allison unpacks the diaper bag in this video.
Our room steward left us a pirate monkey after dinner, Jessica was thrilled.
She enjoyed dismantling it the following morning.
 
There wasn't much room in the queen bed after these little girls sprawled out.
The best part about our room was this circular bath tub with a shower that came straight down from the ceiling.
No, wait, the best part of our room was the balcony!
 Our little girls spent a lot of time on their private balcony.
 
 
Jessica's diet consisted of Froot Loops and bananas while we were on the ship.  It was frustrating because there was so much food all right there for her to eat but she refused to try any of it.  Allison, on the other hand, sampled the cuisine with much enthusiasm.
 
The ship had a really cool splash park for the babies.  I dressed Alli in pants and socks so she could crawl around without hurting herself but she made me carry her the whole time anyway.
 
After enjoying the splash park we soaked up some warmth on the sun deck while Jessica ate more Froot Loops.
 
Castaway Cay was a really cool island.  The weather was gorgeous and the girls really seemed to enjoy it.
 
We found someone to take our picture next to this nautical wreckage.
Allison sampling the local sand, she actually managed to eat quite a bit, as I discovered in her diaper the next day, little stinker.
The beach at Castaway Cay was perfect.
Daddy helped Jessica live out her fantasy of swimming like a dolphin.
 
There were stingrays swimming around our feet (their barbs were trimmed).
We rode the "caterpillar bus" back to the ship.
It was all very exhausting for Alli.
The girls enjoyed watching all the little people walking by through the huge porthole.





 The kids club looked like a fun hangout.  It had a TV dance floor and giant bean bags.
And no Disney adventure would be complete without Mickey Mouse Waffles.  Crocodile Jessica nibbled on Mickey's ears.
 

2 comments:

Meema said...

This blog was SO enjoyable! I spent so much time watching these videos and looking at the pictures. I am just aching to hold my little granddaughters again. How did you know the very first thing I would notice was Jessi's head hanging down? I was thinking, "I hope her head wasn't like that for long" even before I read your comment! LOL
All the pictures are so fantastic I can't stop looking at them. The pictures of the girls in the portholes are so awesome I would like to frame a 4x6 series of a 3 or 4 of them. You two are amazing parents - I am so happy knowing my granddaughters are in the best hands in the world. I wish I could baby you a bit, though, Lexi :) I love you! Every blog is a gift, and I am so grateful!

James said...

Got my computer back up finally and wow, so much I have missed ! That looks like a fantastic trip. That is so cool that they have it set up so well for kids. Looked like the weather was perfect and your room looked fantastic. Looks like a good time was had by all.