Monday, November 5, 2012

Disney Cruise Part One: Characters Galore!

Joe and I decided to try a Disney cruise since he'll be deployed soon and we won't get a chance for a family vacation for a while.  Jessica's love of lifelike characters made the decision to see the Disney characters pretty easy.
Before we even got on the "big boat" we met Minnie in the cruise terminal.  You can see Allison trying to grab her ear.
Pluto was quite the character, pun intended.
 
A bunch of the characters dressed up as pirates on our second day.  We had a pirate costume for Jess but she wanted to wear her Minnie Mouse costume... and not the ears. 
Allison loved meeting the characters as long as mommy or daddy was right there with her.  We tried to get pictures of just the girls with the characters and got the same reaction every time: scared tears.
 
You can see Allison's little eyes pleading with us to pick her back up.  I don't know how we convinced Jessica to wear the ears in this photo with pirate Daisy.
Maybe Jessica was acting as a buffer for between Donald and Allison in this picture or we managed to snap it before the fit, I can't remember.
 
 
I took this video to show how excited Jessica and Allison got when they saw the characters. But, after watching it at home, I couldn't help but notice that the friendly disney crew member seemed a little creepier than I remember, ha!
Goofy is tall, but that didn't deter Jessica. Allison wasn't having it.
 
 There was a princess gathering on our third day so we brought our little princesses to it.  If you can't tell, this first one is Little Mermaid- Ariel.
Then Beauty and the Beast-Belle.
Everyone knows Cinderella.
 
Sleeping Beauty- Aurora.
Snow White.
The Frog Princess- Tianna... I think... never saw the movie.
Peter Pan popped in at the Princess gathering, I always knew there was something up with him.  Jessica was more into him than the princesses, I think she was blushing.  She's going to be boy crazy just like her mommy was.
This is a funny picture, there's just something about it... makes me chuckle.
We spent part of our last day on Disney's private island Castaway Cay.  There were a ton of character appearances on the island.  Hook and Smee.
Beach Mickey!
Unhappy Alli.
Here's a cute video of Allison getting excited when she saw Mickey. 
Pluto is pretending to be Mickey because Jessica is wearing a Mickey shirt.

Here's a couple bonus videos of the girls getting their picture taken with Princess Minnie.


4 comments:

Meema said...

What a treat to wake up to! These pictures and videos are enchanting! I love Jessica in all her Disneywear... and I especially love their superhero costumes in the last 2 videos, absolutely adorable! I can see you all had a wonderful time... What a great memory to share with the girls later. Of course, I was wishing I was there with you all.

Megan Meissner said...

Hilarious. I love the video of the guy coming up behind you all and creeping you out. Watching Joe try to pretend he wasn't uncomfortable and watching Jessica completely ignore him as he kept trying harder and harder was great entertainment! Then seeing the crying pictures of Allison as she sat in the sand with beach Mickey was too funny too. I need more!

M said...

The pictures and videos are great! Jessica had quite a fancy wardrobe for the cruise and she looks so happy in the photos and videos. Who can't help but have a big smile while looking at this blog?!

James said...

I loved the expression on Jessicas face with Peter Pan, and how excited Allison got over Mickey. I thought she looked pretty horrified in that one video ! Looked like a really fun cruise. That is going to be some fun memories for you all. Thank you so much for sharing your vacation.