We've been sick a lot since we got to California, a couple colds and one really nasty stomach bug that hit Allison on Wednesday night and then waited until Friday night to hit Jessica. The girls have been exploring their new stomping grounds and with that exploration comes exposure to new germs. Jessica surprised me when she climbed to the top of this slide and went down all by herself. She will do that if you don't make a big deal out of it, if you ask her to go down it she will say she's too scared.
We always have to test out the baby swings at all the new playgrounds we find.
My best friend, Stephanie, and her daughter, Hannah came over last Saturday and spent the night to help me celebrate my 32nd birthday. I don't know who had the most fun, probably Steph and I, we always make each other laugh. Hannah drove Allison around our apartments for at least 20 minutes, it was one of the cutest things I've ever seen.Steph spun Hannah and Jess super fast in the tire swing, Jessica loved it.
Allison is still too little for the tire swing, but check out that designer jacket that I scored for her at Old Navy for a whopping $4.
Lady and Paw Paw bought the girls the entire Shrek DVD collection for the girls for Christmas. Jessica fell in love with Puss in Boots on the 2nd DVD and now she pretends she is Puss in Boots all the time. She made me make her a balloon sword and tie a belt around her waist for her to carry it. The only thing missing is the boots.
She is pretending to be Puss in Boots while Grandad drags her around with his leg in this video.
Allison thinks it's funny when I say "oops", watch her crack up in this video.
Meema has been all in since we got here. We've gotten her sick twice but she struggles through the sickness and still manages to spoil these little girls. She's probably lost 5 pounds so far and it is because she has a really hard time saying no if the girls want to play. And, just look at how they want her to play:
I don't have a video of Meema and Grandad bouncing them on the bed or spinning around really fast while singing Jingle Bells (I made that one up... and I regret it sometimes...). And that gives you a pretty good idea of life these days with my little energizer babies.

2 comments:
I'm so glad your family is able to spend time with the girls. It looks like Jessica and Allison are loving it too.
Good times. Glad the girls are having fun. Hope they stay well for a while, spring is coming.
Post a Comment