Monday, April 7, 2014

New House!

Shopping for a home in Las Vegas was a bit of a culture shock for Joe and I.  All the homes in the nice areas of town are from the same builders and they look very "cookie cutter" with very little yards and usually no grass. They are all really close together too.  Once we drove through base housing we knew we had to rent or buy off base, base housing was depressing.  I looked through a ton of houses and showed Joe the best of the best.  A new home was the best fit for us in the end.  Neither of us liked the idea of having to stay in temporary housing on the base with the girls so I am going to look for a nice apartment for us to live in for three months while our house is being built. Yep, it won't be ready until mid July... but here it is:

The address will be 9037 Magnetic Ct, Las Vegas NV 89149  in the "Gardens at Tapestry" subdivision.

Here are some pictures of the model home and a home that is already built.

Here's a view from the kitchen looking toward the dining room and front door.
 Front door, kitchen island and staircase.
 view of kitchen from living room
 view of kitchen and living room from front door
 view looking toward the front door from the patio doors in the living room.
 view of living room and patio doors from kitchen
 front door and garage and stair case
 view from front door
 girls bathroom
 top of the staircase looking at guest room and master bdrm
 the smallest bedroom has a small walkin closet. Laundry is upstairs.
 view of upstairs hallway from the master bedroom
 master bedroom
 master bdrm and bathroom

 master bathroom
 model house from outside
 separate garages
 view of mountains from the neighborhood
 entry to our subdivision
 house already built
 view from the street, house is in far right corner (guests would have to park on the main street)
 backyard, we would have to put our own awning up if we wanted one
 floor plans- first floor
 floor plans- second floor
We would live right across the street from a nice park with a great playground and a pool.  The girls would go to a five star school and there is lots of shopping nearby.  Joe's commute to work is 30 minutes.


Here's a video of our homesite and the park/pool right across the street.

homesite


3 comments:

M said...

Congratulations on finding a home in Las Vegas! The model home looks very nice. You'll get to pick things out yourself and that will be fun. You were stressing about finding a home, Buzz, and you found it the first day you were in Las Vegas.

James said...

I am excited for you. That looks like a great setup for Jessica and Allison. I remember when Kari and I looked at that builder we liked the everything included thing. The kitchen looked fantastic. Thank you for uploading all the great pictures so I could share the moment ! Congratulations !

Meema said...

I love the neighborhood and the school right down the street. The house looks cheery and efficient. That is a nice kitchen, you will really love it after the kitchen you've had for the past year. I love the view of the mountains! It looks like the girls will have lots of places to walk and ride bikes with Mommy and Daddy. Great choice, I am so happy for you!