Thursday, April 21, 2011

One Tough Week

Jessica had a tough week, to say the least. She's had a cold since we left California. The chest congestion sounds awful and it worries Joe. Sunday started out OK until I told Joe to scramble up some egg whites for Jessica. That's when we found out that she is allergic. You can kinda see the red blotches on her face in these pictures. We discovered that egg allergies are common and usually go away. She was scratching like crazy so I had to do an emergency nail clipping to prevent further insult to her little body.She still smiles for the camera even when she's miserable.After she woke up from her nap she was almost completely better so we decided to go for a walk. The magnolia trees just started blooming so daddy picked one for Jessica to take a closer look at the sweet smelling bloom.She ripped it into tiny shreds. It was fun. These are the cabins by the light house that you can rent.


Joe takes baby carrying duty very seriously. Jessica fell asleep in the carrier on the way home.So that was Sunday in a nutshell. You might think that a cold and an allergic reaction are not all that bad. That was just the beginning. I took Jessica to the doctor on Tuesday because she started having trouble sleeping, her temp jumped a degree to 101 and she just seemed sicker. It turns out that she had a double ear infection so she's on antibiotics now. We all know what antibiotics will do to your digestive system. But wait, there's more! She just cut her two bottom incisors this afternoon. Yep, two teeth at once. Poor baby! At least she got all this unpleasantness dealt with and out of the way at the same time. It's tough being a baby.

4 comments:

M said...

I hope Jessie is feeling better today. Sounds like the week has been a hard one for her.
I'm sure Jessie looks very cute with her two bottom teeth. She smiles all the time, so the teeth will be easy to see.

Meema said...

oh poor poor baby. I can see the misery on her face. I just want to scoop her up and hold her close, but I am sure mommy and daddy are excelling in that category. I love to see her snug in her carrier. This phase will be all too short... Soon she will demand to be on foot and running a million directions at once, narrowly escaping disaster over and over... Thank you for the blog. It's hard to see her suffering, but I know it won't last, and I know her mommy and daddy are giving her the best care in the world.

Megan Meissner said...

I hate that little Jessiqua wasn't feeling well. I can't wait to see her with her little teeth. I bet she looks adorable!

James said...

She is just such a good natured little girl. Even when she feels bad she still has a smile for Mom. I hope she gets to feeling better very soon. With the warm weather she will probably get over it soon. Hope she can get her beauty rest and so can Mom and Dad. Those are some big Magnolia blossoms ! I'll bet they are beautiful over there. Thank you for taking the time to put up a blog with all thats going on. We love seeing them.