Sunday, May 8, 2011

My First Mother's Day

On Saturday we went to the Honda dealer in town and Joe upgraded my Fusion to an Odyssey. It is a far superior mommy mobile. I like to call it my spaceship, because it is big and futuristic looking. I can't say enough wonderful things about my new minivan. After we bought this we went to a birthday party and we ran into fellow Odyssey owners. They welcomed us into the secret society of Odyssey owners and assured us we would never regret our decision. On Sunday I got another surprise: Jessica and Joe got a shirt made for me with Jess and I on it and it says "Happy 1st Mother's Day!".

We went for a walk, because we go for several walks every day and Mother's Day was no exception. We stopped by to visit our new car. Here's another view of the "Spaceship".
The Command Center.On Mother's Day morning we broke out the finger paints while we skyped with Mooma. It was Jessica's first time creating art. She instinctually knew what to do, like a fish in water.





Here is some video footage of Jessica's first artistic experience.











Here are some videos of Jessica eating.



4 comments:

Meema said...

Thank you for the blog! It was like having Mother's Day twice. :) The videos of Jess eating cracked me up so bad. The raspberry at the end of the tomato video was so funny. And boy does she know what to do with those Cheerios! Totally hysterical!
OH and your minivan looks like a dream ride! I'm surprised you aren't taking naps in it with her.

Meema said...

I don't know why but I could watch the videos at work today!!!

James said...

Wow ! That looks like a really cool mini van. They do look pretty futuristic. I like the new body style they went with. Can't wait to take a ride in it. Jessica looks like she could be very creative, however, I don't think a single cheerio made it into her little stomach. She sure seemed delighted with the little noises they made as they hit the floor though..... I loved the videos and the preview of your new fat ride. Thanks for the great new blog. Made my monday !

M said...

Looks like Jessica is practicing for her first birthday cake. Great Grandma Gerken enjoyed the blog, as well.