Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mooma and Grandad's Big Adventure

Mooma and Grandad came out to Florida for a visit since they didn't want to go too long without seeing their favorite grandchild. Jessica and I picked up Mooma and Grandad at the airport in our new spaceship. It's a very comfy ride. The first local attraction we showed Mooma and Grandad was the Pensacola lighthouse.Grandad wasted no time when it came to playing with Jessica. He knew that play time could be squeezed into just about every moment of the day. Here's Grandad and my little monkey in the tree.Grandad and I climbed all 177 stairs to the top of the lighthouse. Mooma stayed at the bottom with Jess because babies aren't allowed, for safety reasons. Halfway up the tower I realized that it probably wasn't a good idea for me to go up either... I had to stop and catch my breath about every 10 steps, this pregnancy is taking it's toll on me.After the lighthouse, we stopped by the Naval Air Museum... mostly for Grandad and Jessica.Jessica takes naps whenever and where ever she pleases. This little girl managed to keep all three of us exhausted for 5 days straight. Jessica's motto: Play hard and play hard. After dinner we like to take a walk down to the water. I usually give Jessica cold watermelon rinds for her to chew on during the walk to keep her happy. After we took Mooma and Grandad on their first watermelon walk, we gave Jessica her first real bubble bath. This next set of pictures shows how Jessica can go from climbing all over the place like a wild little monkey to sleeping in a matter of minutes. We took the whole family over to Fort Pickens for a little exploration. It was a really cool place that had a lot of small passageways and nooks. I was attacked by fire ants, they were all over the ground and they love the way I taste.









Of course there was shopping too, this is a visit with Mooma after all. It was great to know that Jess and I both got to enjoy ourselves on a shopping trip. Jess got to play with Mooma and Grandad the whole time while I shopped. Here Jessica is pushing her own stroller.






And, making funny faces at Grandad while she discovered that blowing air through her new teeth makes a funny noise.Jessica got a balloon when we went to Applebee's.We did more shopping at the Foley Outlets. Mooma and Jess got to ride the carousel all by themselves. They also found a mechanical horse. Jessica is a natural on plastic horses.







There was nonstop playing back at the hacienda too.







Jessica is learning about airplanes. A plane flies over about every 5 minutes while we're home, so she points in the sky and gets an inquisitive look on her face and I tell her it's an airplane. She tries to say airplane too, but it always comes out as some version of Dada.









And that concludes our wonderful week with Mooma and Grandad, I hope I didn't forget anything.






2 comments:

Meema said...

That was the most wonderful visit ever. I can still feel her in my arms. She is the most wonderful little girl in the world and we love her so much. I can't wait to see you again. The sequence of Jessi playing and then sleeping is hilarious!
Thank you for the wonderful visit!

James said...

Looks like a great time was had by all. Glad Jessica is getting the attention she so richly deserves.