Thursday, December 22, 2011

Early Christmas

We celebrated Christmas at our house a week early this year. Don't worry, Jessica will get another Christmas celebration at her cousins house on Christmas. Last Saturday, Joe's squadron had a family Christmas party in the hangar. Santa, Mrs. Claus and a couple elves flew in on a T-1 and handed out presents to the kids. Here's Jessica pointed out "Tanta" to daddy.Before Santa arrived I practiced sitting in Santa's chair with the girls... here's how that turned out.I think we had our little toddler pretty worn out by the time Santa's lap was ready for pictures. She wasn't scared of Santa, but she wasn't about to sit still for more than 10 seconds.Luckily we had Lady with us to hold Allison while I chased Jessica around. And watched as she greedily shoved approximately 6 grapes in her mouth all at the same time.We tried to get some family pictures taken while we had the girls dressed up cute...I think this is the best one.Here's a few pictures of the girls getting dressed before the party.On Sunday we let Jessica open her presents early. She opened a package from her Uncle Eric and Aunt Shawna and she had so much fun opening that one that we couldn't wait for Christmas for her to open more.She had fun playing with the first couple of presents but threw a tantrum when daddy tried to make her open more. Daddy and Lady tried to set up J's new princess tent while her and Bunker climbed in and out of it... I think Bunker has as much fun in the Princess tent as Jessi.


Top toy this year has got to be the slide. Our little honey badger plays and plays on her new slide. She goes down the slide every way imaginable and even ways you can't imagine on accident. When she falls down she just shakes it off and goes right back at what ever she was attempting to do.



Here's Allison's present from Lady and Paw Paw, a little chair.I think she likes it.And, I think big sister likes it too. Here are some videos of Jessica opening presents and playing with her slide.


















2 comments:

Meema said...

That blog made our Christmas! I want copies of all those pics, can you email them to me? We loved watching Jessi on her slide and with her presents. They both look so dang adorable in their little Santa outfits. Alli looks like a wise little soul approving of everything Jessi does. Those litte girls are the cutest things in the world, they are going to be non-stop entertainment in no time... Jessi already is! We love you, Merry Christmas! (Don't forget to email those pics to me) :)

James said...

Looks like a very merry Christmas indeed. That slide looks like a lot of fun. It was great to see you all on skype yesterday ! Looks like you all were having a great Christmas. Thank you for the Christmas blog. Love you guys