Monday, January 28, 2013

Snowboarding

Jobie, Eric and I went to Soda Springs on Donner Summit for a fun day of snowboarding on Saturday.  I haven't been snowboarding since I went with Amber Fessler, then Amber McQuistion, in West Virginia when Joe was deployed to Afghanistan in 2007!  I wasn't sure how I would do... luckily, the snow was soft and I remembered how to carve.  Here I am looking nervous before my first trip down the bunny slope.
Eric was on the lift ahead of me, we are about the same skill level.

Jobie was on the lift behind me.  It was handy to have a skier with us, to tow us along when we got stuck in a flat spot.

Me and Jobie at the top of the mountain.
Me on the lift.

Me at the top of a run.

Jobie at the top of the mountain.  The views were awesome and really added to the whole experience.
Lindsay came over last week to finger paint with the girls.

They made a huge mess and I was glad Lins was there to help me clean up.
Grandpa took us to Chuck E Cheese on Sunday.  Allison fed Grandpa...

and Grandpa fed Jessica.


Jessica chased Chuck E around and Allison was a little scared of him.
Allison really enjoyed riding this pony for about 30 seconds.  Long enough for me to get a picture but not long enough for me to get a video.
Meema has mastered the double baby bounce technique.  They have to take turns a lot but, sometimes, it is just too hard to wait for your turn...
Jessica riding the pony at Chuck E Cheese, but telling me she's scared so I will get her down.
Here is a video of me and Eric snowboarding, Eric is in front.
Here is a video of me snowboarding.
Here is a video of the girls playing with Uncle Eric's cat, Pinto.


5 comments:

Joe said...

Wow Lex, you should try out for the X games!

Meema said...

What beautiful snow pics! Lexi, you haven't lost a thing. You guys had so much fun! I love the pics of the girls, of course being spoiled at every turn. I love the video with Pinto, where Jessi is ever-so-careful to get around lil sis without knocking her over! (We know that is not always the case... LOL)

James said...

Some pretty awesome snowboarding. Guess it is like riding a bike ! It has been too long. Makes me want to head up there. I look pretty intense letting Allison feed me. She didn't seem to mind though. Those were some great pictures and videos. Loved seeing your two little angels again.

Haggerty Hacienda said...

Ha ha baby!

Dad, my little girls thrive on intensity :)

Lexi

M said...

It looks like the California family had a great weekend! I'm glad you're getting to do some things you haven't done for a while. Enjoy your time with your family, Lexi. Lots of memories to look forward to. Love, Martha