Friday, February 15, 2013

New Buckets

The cool new toy this week is a sand bucket with lots of little tools that came in it, thirteen to be exact.  Meema and Grandad found the buckets at Costco.  The girls did a really good job sharing their sand toys with other kids at the Humpty Dumpty sandbox.  Allison played with Aunt Lindsay most of the time.  Jessica would annouce, "that girl has my shovel/cup/bucket", to me just so everyone knew that they were hers.  She never got mad or tried to take them back, she just wanted everyone to know who those toys belonged to.



 We had fun with the buckets digging in the pea gravel behind our apartment.

Allison was so please that she had her own bucket to carry, just like sissy.

 I went for a jog in the park this week and Allison slept through the whole thing but Jessica kept me on my toes talking about the world around us.

 After the jog I let the girls take their shoes and socks off and dip their feet in the local creek (I am not talented enough to get a picture of that).  I was able to get some pictures of them playing in the cool green grass though.


 Another fun toy that the girls acquired this week was a Wack a Mole game.  I quickly realized that it was a blood sport and a good way to get out her two year old frustrations.  (She is holding a green club in one hand and a red club in the other.)


Daddy's surprise Valentines day gift was the sweetest thing ever: M&M's with pictures of him and the girls on them.  I don't want to let the girls eat them!
I thought I was going to catch Allison taunting Jessica with food but she surprised me and shared with her sister in this video.  Alli usually waves it in her face and runs away.

Jessica caught a bug and decided that she was the bug's mommy.  She carried this bug around for at least ten minutes before it was able to get away.  I hope bugs don't have feelings.





3 comments:

M said...

You can tell Jessica and Allison have been read to a lot. Jessica mentioned the Cheshire Cat and Humpty Dumpty during her play time. She's getting good at singing the ABC's, as well.
It was sweet how Allison shared her cracker with Jessica.

Meema said...

What a fun time!

James said...

That was a cool gift. I know that their Mommy always liked playing in the sandbox. You got some great videos and pictures. It is great to get to see them having fun. That is a great park for kids.