Thursday, February 21, 2013

President's Day Weekend

We had a fun President's Day Weekend in California.  Saturday I went Snowboarding with my best friend, Steph, and my little brother while Grandpa Jim watched the girls (for 14 hours!).  Sunday, was a day of rest.  On Monday Meema and Grandad took us all to the Sacramento Zoo.  I will start with the zoo because I know that people look at this blog for pictures of Jessica and Allison and that's the day I got the most pictures of them.
We actually stopped by Funderland, which is right across from the zoo, because Jessica went crazy when she saw it and, well, that was that.  Grandad stood in line for zoo tickets while Meema and I took the girls on a few rides at Funderland to get it out of their systems.
Allison loves the carousel, she threw a fit when the ride was over (arching her back and whining).  It's funny because she just sits there in a trance as it goes around and around, smiling occasionally, but mostly very serious about the whole business.
Jessica rode the mean dragon roller coaster with me this time.  It was fun and pretty intense.  I thought she wouldn't want to do it again after the first ride but she demanded to get right back on, she was the youngest kid on the ride.


Here's a video of the dragon coaster.



At the zoo, we had to stop and see the flamingos first.  Jessica has a weird obsession with flamingos.
I thought she would demand to take one of these plastic flamingos home because she use to demand "flamingos in my garden!" when we would drive by a certain flower shop in Pensacola that had them out front.


We used the green wagon at the zoo, the girls didn't stay in it very much.

I LOVE this picture of the girls as kangaroos, they both have the best expressions on their little kanga-faces.



On Sunday, day of rest, I had to go to the doctor for a sinus infection.  I feel much better now.  Jessica fell asleep so Grandad held her, doesn't he look miserable? (sarcasm)

Here's a picture of me and Steph on the top of the mountain.
The grade was steep going up the lift, as you may be able to see in this picture.
My little brother and me.
Here are a couple videos of me, Steph and Eric snowboarding.


This video is in this blog just because there is a funny story that goes with it.  My little brother heard Jessica throwing a little two year old tantrum and he said she sounded like a gremlin.  I laughed because she had just sprayed herself in the face with the hose not fifteen minutes before the tantrum broke out.  (Gremlins are cute cuddly little animals until you get them wet and then they turn into mischievous little green monsters or toddlers.)

3 comments:

Daddy said...

I loved the kanga pics! Also, looking good on the slopes!

-Daddy

M said...

What a great blog and videos! I'm real impressed with your snow boarding skills, Lexi. No wonder you would like to live where there are hills and snow. Jessica's hair is so pretty and curly. I wonder if Allison will have curly hair. Love, Lady

Meema said...

We are soaking up every minute we can of our 3 girls while they are in California. This is already the best year EVER. :)