Thursday, March 14, 2013

Flying Kites

We went on a kite flying expedition with Aunt Lindsay and Uncle Eric at the 20th street park last week.  Jessica flew a kite for about 20 seconds and then curiosity over came her and she let go of it.  It blew away and the spool of string got caught in a tree.  The kite flew itself for over an hour, it was still flying when we left. 



The girls were more interested in the bubbles that Aunt Lindsay brought anyway.  At this park Jessica likes a metal arch with two African ladies on it, she calls it "the mean lady tunnel".  It scares her but she likes being scared, I will have to get a picture of it next time we go.


Jess and Alli probably spend an hour every day brushing their teeth... or what ever it is they do at the sink.  The toothbrushes go in their mouths but I don't think their teeth are getting brushed.


Jessica pretends to be an astronaut by putting this plastic toy bucket over her head, I think she was playing astronaut while watching Max & Ruby (multitasking).
Allison has caught on to the astronaut game.  I got a funny video of astronaut Alli but it wouldn't load :(
My most recent purchase: a baby trailer for bikes from Costco.  It also converts to a jogging stroller.
The girls were picking on each other quite a bit on our maiden voyage so I might be returning this if they can't keep their hands to themselves.
Then again, they were pretty tired so that was probably a big part of the conflict, they were both fast alseep by the time we got back to the apartment.
Allison has been trying to eat like her big sister.  It takes me longer to clean up than to cook the meal.  This meal was spaghetti with meat sauce, I tried to make it like Joe does.  The girls enjoyed it






We met up with Grandpa for some fun a few days ago.

I got a really cute video of the girls throwing food at some hissing geese and Allison running away but that video wouldn't load either.  This video thing is starting to annoy me!








4 comments:

Daddy said...

Videos or no videos, I still love seeing new blogs. I'm glad you girls are keeping busy and having lots of fun.

-Daddy

Meema said...

Yes, they take "keeping busy" to a whole new level! The ones who look like refugees are US. LOL

Megan Meissner said...

Thanks for keeping us updated on the busy life of the Haggerty girls. Lady

James said...

Loved the astronaut pictue. I can just see Jessica letting go of the kite to see what will happen. They are both at that age where it is so fun to see how they take everything in. Thank you so much for the latest blog. We will have to work on your video uploading issue !