I bought a potty chair for Jessica last week to prepare for potty training. I read a book about it and I set a date. I was going to wait until Monday but, when I showed Jessica her new potty chair last Thursday, she decided then and there that she was done with diapers. I wasn't ready yet... I got over the shock of it quickly enough. Now Jessica doesn't wear diapers, ever, not even to sleep. The first time we Skyped with Joe, Jessica must have gone to her potty and sat there at least a dozen times trying to produce something to show off for daddy. By the way, the book was totally Jessica's idea, and that's why I had to get a picture.
She has managed to inspire her little sis too! Allison wants to use the potty so badly. She has gone number two once and pee pee several times in the last few days. She will tell me, poop or pee and then I sit her on her froggy potty. Allison is very impatient, she jumps up and expects there to be something in the potty (it's magical to her). She knows she is suppose to push but she doesn't like waiting. Sometimes she gets so mad that she picks up her froggy potty and throws it across the room and then she throws herself on the floor. When she does make the magic happen she will exclaim, "Uh oh, pee pee!" She loves to flush the toilet.
Jessica made me move Allison's potty right next to hers so they could snuggle.
We didn't venture too far from home this weekend. But we still managed to have fun. We had a play date on Saturday with cousin Addison.
Sometimes Jessica just has to run circles, at least once a day in fact.
After the play date with Addi, we stopped by Home Depot and picked out some flowers to plant in Meema and Grandad's yard.
The girls made Meema do all the work.
The girls have taken naps together a couple times last week so I snapped some pics to share with Joe, aren't they sweet little angels daddy?

5 comments:
What a wonderful weekend it was. :)
I'm so proud of both my little girls for learning to use the potty and proud of their mommy for making it happen. And yes Lexi, they are definitely sweet little angels!
Love, Daddy
The potty training is amazing! I have never seen anything like it. Fully trained in less than a week. It's mind boggling. And I have a feeling little sister is not far behind. Can it really be there is a light at the end of the diaper tunnel?
We are so proud of Jessica for getting potty trained so quickly. Mooma is right, Allison won't be far behind.
It's great Jessica has another cousin to play with while she's living in California.
Jessi looks very intent on getting the vegetables watered. I'm sure her and Allison will enjoy watching the vegetables grow. It looks like Jessi enjoyed planting flowers, too. Allison liked playing on the patio chair.
What an event filled week....
Life moves pretty fast I guess. That shot with Jessica reading on the pot is classic. She is so going to love seeing that in later life !
Great Blog
Post a Comment