Monday, April 1, 2013

Pre Easter Party

We had a pretty full week last week and it doesn't look like the party will be stopping any time soon.  Jessica and Allison can't wait to try out the pool at the apartment and I've got their swimsuits and floaties all ready.  Allison would wear her "puddle jumper" floatie all day every day if it were up to her.
I do what I can to wear these little trouble makers out so we can have peaceful times like in this picture.
I put all their books into clear boxes to try to keep the house as organized as possible and they like to climb on the boxes.
I discovered two new parks in Chico this week.  The park with the "red rabbit" web is called DeGarmo park and it is a ten minute drive from our apartment.
The girls like hiding in this clothes hamper at Meema's house.
The weekend before Easter Meema and Grandad hosted an Easter party and invited cousins Addison and Colton.  It was the perfect opportunity to set up the bounce house.  Allison doesn't realize that she is a lot smaller than the other kids, she's always in the mix doing everything big sister does.
Here are some pictures of the egg coloring event.  I tried to make the girls wear trash bags over their clothes,  my efforts were futile.

Allison would dip the eggs in the color cups and then suck the colored water off them.  Meema is cleaning up Allison's first attempt at egg decorating (she crumbled the egg into tiny pieces and ate part of it, shell and all).

We had an egg hunt in Meema's back yard.  Jessica knew what she was doing, as you can tell by all the eggs in her basket.

Allison required a little coaching and when the coaching failed Meema would pick up the eggs and put them in Allison's basket for her.

We got to see Grandpa last weekend too.  We showed him the new playground we found in Californina Park near our house, a 5 minute drive.


I am still having a terrible time trying to load my videos on this blog.  I had over a dozen to share but only managed to get these two loaded after several hours of frustrating attempts.  Grandpa said he is coming over on Wednesday to try and fix this problem.  It is very important that I get this issue resolved so that Joe can see his adorable little girls in action.  I hope that Jess and Alli will leave Grandpa alone long enough for him to fix it.  







3 comments:

Daddy said...

That hamper picture looks like Jess and Alli have just seen a ghost.

-Daddy

James said...

I will be there tomorrow honey. Glad to see the bounce house got some action!

Meema said...

That was a great day!