Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Surprise Visitors!

Well, I've been here almost six months and I've been wondering when someone from my family would come visit me and it finally happened!  My brother-in-law, Steve, made the long 16 hour journey to come out and see me this week.  Sure, he had work to do for the Air Force while here, but I'll tell myself it was just to visit me.   I hope Nate isn't too upset with us for hanging out without him.  To make things even cooler, my good buddy, Shalin from way back in B-1s was also here for a few weeks so we all got together at the sports bar on base and enjoyed our three drinks.  I hadn't seen Shalin since me and Lexi attended his wedding back in 2009 so it was definitely a nice surprise to run into him.  This base is definitely the crossroads of the Air Force because I've run into tons of people that I  haven't seen in years.

4 comments:

M said...

You know I love that you're able to enjoy time with friends and relatives.
Nathan said he doesn't care that Steve is there, he visited with Uncle Larry last week.

James said...

That is a great picture of you guys. Glad you got to see some friends. Sometimes it is a small world. Thank you for the blog.

Meema said...

Wow, that's great! It's amazing to me that you actually got to see both of them! I'm happy for you.

Megan Meissner said...

Way to serve your country. Days at the pool, nights at the bar. It seems tough. I don't know how you do it.