Midway through Joe's home visit we took a trip over to Georgia to spend some time with his side of the family. I had been talking about it for weeks with the girls. They were really excited to get on an airplane and go see Lady and Paw Paw. I knew traveling across the country with two toddlers would have it's challenges, I didn't anticipate it giving Joe nightmares though. We look happy in this picture and these videos but these were taken at the start of our journey.
When we got to Georgia Lady and Paw Paw were ready for us. We got to sleep on a big King size bed and there were enough crayons to arm, well, an army.
Lady took us to the Children's Science Museum in downtown Atlanta.
We went trick or treating too. Here's a video.
Nathan had organized a family race for our visit. I liked how they strung streamer across the finish line so we could break the ribbon.
They had a birthday party for Allison and Kathryn, their birthdays are only six days apart. Allison got a new baby doll and Kathryn got some play dough. The cake was delicious.
Great Grandma Gerken got a picture with all her great grandchildren while we were there.
We got an updated family picture. The girls are wearing dresses that Lady made for them. The first two pictures are just cute and the third picture is our official favorite.
Lady and Paw Paw took us to a giant trampoline place called "Sky Zone". I didn't realize how much bouncing practice Allison has been getting at preschool. Last time I was on a trampoline with her she wasn't nearly this good at it.
Sky Zone
Lady got lots of good snuggle time with Jessica.
Nathan said, "Allison is so cute, I can't stop looking at her".

4 comments:
You got some great pictures and videos of all of the cousins together. I liked the video of Jessica and Allison playing around in the plane. I loved the snuggling with Lady video too. Looked like a great visit. I am glad you got to see everyone while Joe had leave. I thought the third portrait was the best one too. Thank you for sharing that visit with us over here.
Wonderful blog! You really captured all the fun activities that we had and brought back happy memories for me. Jess and Alli always have so much fun playing with Nate and Kate. I'm glad we got a chance to see everyone.
Love, Daddy
What a great blog! The kids are so cute together, like a bunch of puppies. It looks like everyone had fun together. The TV box was cracking me up. I love the dresses Lady made, the girls look like adorable little pilgrims.
How nice to have a basement for the kids to play in - Allison needs an easel! I loved the snuggling videos with Lady. Nathan does really well with all the little girls. I can imagine how hard it was saying goodbye (for now).
PawPaw and I enjoyed your visit and love it when the family is able to be together. Jessi and Alli are two special little girls.
PawPaw's idea of saving the TV box was a good one. I think the kids enjoyed that the most!
Post a Comment