We pretty much kept the rest of Joe's visit low key. Of course, we went to parks and played but we enjoyed staying home as much as possible too. Here are a few pictures of the girls playing with their daddy at some parks.
Bird Cage at Caper Acres
The girls took turns climbing in bed with us in the mornings. Jessica liked sleeping at the foot of the bed like a puppy but Allison was all about stealing daddy's pillow. I risked waking them both up with the flash for this pic, but it was worth it.
One night I caught Jessica rubbing her daddy's head gently with her foot while they watched TV together. I ran and got the camera and managed to catch the tail end of it, they know when the camera comes out.
Joe tried to be a calm presence during the bedtime routine but the girls would have none of that. Daddy's are there to play!
Joe loves to bake. So, I figured I would test his skills with two toddlers in tow. Jessica is the right age to start helping out in the kitchen but Allison is still a wild card. You can't let one help you and not the other. The cookies were delicious.
Baking Cookies
Baking Cookies 2
Eating Cookies
After we dropped Daddy off at the airport in the early morning we went home to sleep a little while longer. But I promised the girls some doughnuts to help with the sorrow. They talked about daddy crying and being sad for a couple days after he left.
Doughnuts of Misery

3 comments:
The videos of Joe and Jess making cookies were so sweet. Alli had plenty of pacifiers while she was watching Daddy and Jess make cookies.
I can tell you made the most of every moment. There is a big spot only Daddy can fill. I can tell they miss their Daddy. But they sure did their best to wear you out while they could! We all can't wait until you are home.
I had such a fun time at home. I can't wait to get back to my wife and little angels!
Love, Daddy
Post a Comment