Thursday, November 28, 2013

Doing The Deid For Thanksgiving

I thought my family would like to know about my Thanksgiving this year so I took some pictures at the chow hall.  Despite being 9000 miles away from my family, it turned out to be a pretty enjoyable day.
 
The chow hall was completely transformed into a Thanksgiving theme.
 

 There were all kinds of displays with vegetables,
 Fruits,
 and nuts!

 Even a real turkey as a decoration!

 
It's kind of odd eating a big Thanksgiving dinner at 1AM, but it was pretty tasty.  The turkey was okay but I'm not a huge fan of turkey.  I also had beef tenderloin, peas, mashed potatoes and pecan pie which were all very good.  We even had sparkling grape juice to drink. 

This is the crew I work with.  The guy to my left is British and he enjoyed our American holiday a lot.  He was especially excited about the pumpkin pie because he had only eaten it once before in his life and loved it.
 


 I hope all my family spread across the USA had a great holiday.  I miss you and can't wait to come home!

6 comments:

Meema said...

Wow! That reminds me of a cruise ship! It looks like they went all out - everything looks so inviting. Thank you for the pics, I really enjoyed seeing them. Hopefully this is your last Thanksgiving away from home, ever.

M said...

Thank you, Joe, for letting us know you had a good Thanksgiving.

Haggerty Hacienda said...

It looks like the set ups they have on cruises. I am glad they went all out for my baby.

Lexi

James said...

Pretty nice spread. We had a great thanksgiving in California. The girls seemed to like playing in the play room together. Jessica likes to steal the sea shells out of my bathroom. I am going to have to those two to the coast. Thank you for the quick look at life on Base Joe. Happy Thanksgiving.

Megan Meissner said...

That actually looks like a lot of fun.

Grandma H said...

Your cafeteria really did remind me of the midnight buffets on a cruise. Nice to see your smiling face.

Love,
Uncle Larry and Aunt Ruth