Sunday, December 1, 2013

Allison Turns Two!

Allison got four separate birthday parties this year.  One in Georgia, one at preschool, one at home on her birthday and one big party at the Gymnastics on the Saturday after her birthday.  Here is a picture and a video of her preschool celebration.



Jessica enjoyed blowing out Alli's candles and Alli enjoyed pretending she was afraid of them.  But, Jessica didn't think it was very much fun when Aunt Lindsay helped her blow her candles one night.  (We gave Jessica some candles for her cupcake because she said, "It's my turn to have a birthday".)


Allison is torn between the desire for independence and the need to stay my little baby forever.  This is evidenced by her two favorite phrases:  "pick me up" and "I do it myself!", both are said with palpable passion.
 The birthday party started out with everyone playing with the kids but then, as you can see from some of my videos, the adults branched out and started playing like little kids themselves.  My dad was doing flips, my aunt Mel was practicing on the parallel bars and balance beam, and I couldn't help myself... the rings were calling me!  My shoulders were sore the next day.

Trampoline

more trampoline

more trampoline 2

Somersaults on the trampoline









Opening Presents


Grandpa Bouncing us

Alli Bouncing Grandpa

Grandpa Trying to Land a Flip


Hot Lava

 It's pretty funny that Allison's favorite toy from her birthday was the doll sized toilet that makes sounds and flushes. Thanks Grandpa Jim and Grandma Kari. (I fully expect her to try and use it herself when I start potty training.)
Favorite Toy

Favorite Toy 2


Here are a couple bonus videos.  Allison likes to help me clean.
Dust Buster

Lady sent the girls their very own super hero capes with their initials on them.  Last night, after her bath, Allison made me put her cape on and she threw her arms back shouting, "to the rescue!" as she ran down the hallway.  Thank you Lady.

Trampoline Superheros

4 comments:

M said...

What an enjoyable blog! Lexi and Grandpa Jim were showing their athletic ability. Allison knows what the potty is for.....that video was hilarious!

Daddy said...

Awesome blog! That party looked like so much fun! I didn't realize I married a gymnast. I was hoping to see Grandpa Jim land one of those flips.

Love, Daddy

Meema said...

What a great blog, Lex! Alli's birthday party turned out great. Now we have Jessi's to look forward to! I can't help it, the video of Allison running the dustbuster around the house totally cracked me up. I always tell her it is my favorite thing when I use mine. The girls look so cute in their Superhero capes!

James said...

Grandpa Jim should have taken his socks off I think. If I had known how silly it was going to look on video...... I would have probably still tried it. The caped crusaders looked great. That was a really cute idea. I got a big kick out of the dustbuster as well. Allison will probably grow up to have a spotless home. Great party, and thank you for the latest.