Friday, February 12, 2010

It's a GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's our proof! That little rump is too adorable... the ultrasound technician said that it was DEFINITELY a girl. A tear rolled out of the corner of my right eye and Joe was speechless. The arrow in the middle is pointing to the "girl parts".

I was amazed at the detail we could see on that fuzzy screen... here's our little munchkin peeking out at us. The technician told us she was a little shy and didn't like having her pictures taken (she must get that from Aunt Lindsay).
She was squirming and kicking all the way to the doctor's and then when we got there she decided that she was going to tuck herself into a little ball and take a nap.
We were pleasantly surprised to find out that the doctor's office could do 4D pictures for us. In the picture above she has her chin tucked to her chest and her right hand up by her forehead... I put a red dot on her nose so you would have a point of referrence. The technician said she had a cute little nose (it's Joe's nose!).

Here's another 4D picture where you can see the profile really well.

She started to wake up toward the end of the ultrasound and we got to see her open her mouth and stick her tiny little hand in it.

In this picture you can see her right hand is opened up abover her forehead.

Here's my baby dady in the "Daddy" chair. Joe only sat in this chair for the picture, he was actually standing up close to the monitor studying it carefully the whole time.

5 comments:

Megan Meissner said...

How exciting! I'm counting down the weeks until her arrival. I have wanted to be an aunt forever! I already have a bunch of NB and 0-3 month clothes for you that Kathryn has outgrown! You can look forward to a steady supply of clothes for the next several months!

MoMo's Creations said...

YAY!!!! CONGRATS!! I was so excited to talk to you yesterday! Can't wait to plan a Texas vacation to come and see You, Joe and the newest baby girl!! I Love all the ultrasound pics and Joe sitting in the "baby daddy" chair!! Ha!
Love you Guys!
Molly j.

Mooma said...

I have had butterflies in my stomach since I woke up the morning of the ultrasound! If I didn't see my precious granddaughter until the moment she was born I would definitely recognize her! She looks so familiar already. It's an understatement to say my arms are aching to hold her. I wonder if this flurry of excitement in my tummy will ever go away now? Is it just part of being a grandma? (Mooma in my case :-) This little angel is going to have more love than you can imagine. I love her so much I could burst!
Love, Mooma (and Granddad too!)

Anonymous said...

I'll tell you right now, we'll be spoiling this baby. Don't even bother telling us not to. It took Megan about a month to straighten Nathan out after their last visit. Love, Lady

Grandma H said...

HAPPY 4th ANNIVERSARY.

Love to all "3" of you.

Aunt Ruth