Hi everyone, Joe here. Lexi has been busy with her final exams, graduation planning and baby prep so she hasn't been able to blog lately. Luckily, I have nothing going on and it just so happens that I went on another trip with my dad so I'll pass the time with some pics from our trip to Arizona.
Our first day we drove up to Phoenix to visit the Desert Botanical Gardens and the Arizona state captiol building. The drive had some pretty cool views.
I was able to check off another state capitol from my list. Phoenix is my 26th so I'm over halfway through. The capitol was interesting and I was able to get a pic in between all the people protesting Arizona's new immigration law. I should have gotten of a picture of them, but I was too busy staring to think about taking a pic.
Saturday we stayed in Tucson and had quite an interesting day. We started off at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. You may think this sounds exactly like the desert gardens we visited the day before...and you're right, but only half right. This one had animals which made it all the more interesting. I've got tons of pictures of raccoons, wolves and mountain lions but I'm sure you know what they look like, so I won't post their pics. However, I was quite impressed with the hummingbirds simply because it was almost impossible to get a picture of them. They are the quickest birds I've ever seen and I'm proud of myself for getting at least one decent picture of one in flight.
Another impressive animal was the elusive Joe turtle, rarely seen in the wild.
There was a cave experience at the museum and we decided to give it a try. About halfway through, I believe dad was regretting the decision to carry two cameras and a backpack.
Normally, walking around a park for 4 hours would be enough for one day, but not with us. We were just getting warmed up and decided that what we needed was a 4 mile hike so we headed over to Sabino Canyon. On the way there, we saw a cool little building on top of a hill and decided to climb it for a view.
Our first day we drove up to Phoenix to visit the Desert Botanical Gardens and the Arizona state captiol building. The drive had some pretty cool views. I beat dad up the hill

At Sabino Canyon, dad was determined to complete the hike no matter what obstacles stood in his way.

But we both made it up
The view was well worth it
All in all, it was another great trip and I look forward to our next one.

5 comments:
Where is your next trip going to be?
Wow bunky I am very impressed with your blogging skills not to mention the great pics you got. I might just have to let you take over the blog when Jess is born. Daddy duties: taking pictures, posting blogs & feeding Lexi (hee hee). Great job handsome!
Love, your adoring wife, Lexi
This is from Dad. "Only one hummingbird pic? What did you do the 30 minutes we were in there? I will share my 20 plus pics with you." "It was a great trip."
From Mom: I enjoyed Joe's and Dad's trip to.
I Love, Love, Love this!! Probably due to the fact that I can't believe it and want EVERYONE to know when my husband does a post (I mainly think he forgets we even have a blog!). I think my favorite thing on the Arizona post is the very "elusive Joe turtle". I've seen a lot of things in my life but NEVER an elusive Joe turtle. Very Cool, and I too am amazed at humming birds. Great Picture, Joe! Kevin once in a while actually tries to talk me into moving to AZ! We'll see what happens! Love the pics and Love You Guys!!
Molly j
I love your blog and pictures, Bunky! You are really amazing me with your photographic talent. Your trip looks awesome and so much fun. Drive safe and have a good time on your road trip that starts tomorrow!
Yes i am happy knowing our Jessybean will be photographed well and often:)
Post a Comment