Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Christmas Story: The Celebration Begins!

The community center on base had a Santa meet and greet for all us cool people that live on base. Jess was the first kid on Santa's lap that day because all of the other kids were scared and she had to show them how it's done. That's right, Santa can't take his eyes off Jess. (It's the bald head, he's attracted to it like a moth to the flame). I took like ten pictures and he is staring at her in all of them, is that normal? Yes, those are little reindeer faces on her feet.
She loves looking at Christmas decorations. I think next year is going to be really fun for her because is going to be able to experience it more. We'll see if her and Santa are still cool then.
Jess helped me decorate the Christmas tree. And Bunker helped too.

About an hour after this picture was taken one of the cats knocked the tree over; water went everywhere and ornaments shattered. I was at the gym so Joe was home all alone with a screaming baby and that disaster to deal with. He looked a little shell shocked when I got home from the gym as he described the whole ordeal and then he said, "We aren't having any more kids, Lexi!" (We'll see about that.) I understand the reasoning behind the fake Christmas trees and shatter proof ornaments now. This glorious tree is now out on our front porch. I am dreading the task of taking it down after Christmas, pine needles are going to get everywhere.We found a small animal nest of some sort deep in the branches when we unwrapped it... Bunker went crazy sniffing it. Poor little creature.Jess is really getting the hang of eating with a spoon. Lately the easiest method is to put her in her red bouncy chair in the kitchen. It's the most comfortable for her so she can concentrate on eating.
She loves it when I let her run free in "diaper only" attire.
More Christmas to come!

4 comments:

Megan Meissner said...

Welcome to the "glass ornaments are a thing of the past" phase of life. Our tree is decorated only on the top half due to grabby hands.

M said...

Jessica looks like she's a pro at sitting on Santa's lap. Really cute! Lady

James said...

Those are some awfully cute pictures of Jessica with Santa. You just need to get a sandbag and put it on the base of your tree so it won't fall over even with a huge cat in it. A 50 pounder ought to do the trick. Loved the Christmas theme blog. Thanks for the latest.

Meema said...

This is the cutest blog ever. I love how Jess and Bunker are so helpful with the tree. She is so cute on Santa's lap! Your tree is beautiful. I can't believe you found that big nest in it! I can see Jessica is growing by leaps and bounds. Eating with a spoon!!