Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Gettin' Your Jessica Fix

I don't have very much material for this blog even though Jessica has been in a developmental fast forward lately. She is babbling more, eating more and grabbing her toes and sticking them in her mouth. Yesterday she thought it was play time every time I tried to lay her down for a nap so I eventually stopped trying figuring that she would fall asleep in the car on the way to Walmart. To my amazement she fought the sandman all the way to Walmart, a 10 minute drive, but once I put her in the "front loader" she could no longer resist the Z dragon. I didn't realize that she was asleep until a fellow shopper exclaimed, "She's OUT!" I got the check out clerk to snap this pic with my phone. Before we went to Walmart yesterday Jessica rolled over from her back to her front for the first time. She doesn't like being on her belly so it took her a little while to do the full roll. I didn't get to see her do it because I had left the room for a minute and I went back to check on her because she was grunting. She was very happy to see me. The look on her face said, "LOOK MOM! I ROLLED OVER... now could you please get me off my tummy, this is uncomfortable."
Here's a video of Jessica shrieking. Pinkerton was on the bed trying to figure out what all the fuss was about. Jessica has learned to shriek and she pulls it out of her bag of tricks when ever we're in public because it gets her the best response from strangers. It also embarrasses Joe a lot.

We went to our friend's, the Fisher's, house for dinner and video games on Saturday night and we had a blast. There were 5 children all younger than two and a half there, so you can imagine the scene. The kids thought it was a party for them, which was probably true. Joe carried Jess in the front loader for the first part of the evening until he got a couple beers in him and then I took her.
The Fisher's have a greyhound named "Tex", he was a gentle beast.
This is a sweet video of Jessica waking up in the morning.


I got Jess this ball at Walmart yesterday and she seems to like it, Joe thought it was a cat toy at first. It is easy for her to grip.



Jessica recently found her feet and she LOVES them.





Here's some footage of me opening Jessica's first Christmas present and her chewing on the bow.


I guess I had more material for this blog than I thought.

4 comments:

M said...

A real cute blog and videos. We're looking forward to seeing Jessica and her Mom and Dad this Thursday. Wonder how Jessica will react to her rough and tumble cousins. Lady

James said...

Thank you for letting me see you open Jessica's present. Hope it fits! You DID have a lot of material for a just exceptional blog. Of course, now you are on the hook to open everybody's gift online. Jessica will be talking in no time I bet. The video's were great and I got a big kick out of them. Counting down the days until Christmas. We will miss you, but I would bet that Megan will have an exceptional Christmas. Thanks again for the latest. Merry Christmas

Meema said...

Oh she IS growing up too fast! I can see she loves her feet. I can't wait to watch the videos at home, and hear her shriek. I miss her so bad it aches. I miss you all. I am sure she will have a WONDERFUL time with her rough and tumble cousins. Jessibean loves fun! Thank you for another wonderful uplifting blog! Merry Christmas I love you. XOXOXOXOXO

Megan Meissner said...

Too cute. It looks like Grandpa and Grandma could have stopped shopping after they bought the bow!