Saturday, December 4, 2010

New Friends in Pensacola

We've officially had our first 3-way married couple date today. We met two other couples that just got stationed here at Pensacola at the same time we did and we all have little girls too. We met downtown at the Jordan Valley Cafe for some delicious gyros... and so far I haven't gotten sick.A Santa on a motorcycle drove by while we ate lunch. Tis' the season.Then we walked down Palafox Street which ends at Pensacola Bay.Joe discovered some pelicans that were not afraid of humans, and they take GIANT poops.We got a family photo with the pelican. As you can see, it was a gorgeous day. Jessica was pleased as punch with all the scenery, she didn't make a peep except to blow raspberries and flail her arms and legs with excitement occasionally.
Here's a group photo of the mommies and their little girls. Jenny and her little girl, Ella, are on the left. Audra and her little girl, Allyssa, are in the middle. Ella and Allyssa are only two weeks apart in age.Here are Ella and Allyssa's dads helping them play. Joe probably felt a little left out but he'll be chasing Jess around soon enough. She only sat in her stroller momentarily while I ate my gyro... I must have walked two miles with her strapped to the front of me.
J's newest thing is sucking on the wings of the dragonfly toy that I attached to her car seat... I have to share these cute pics of her caught in the act.

I finally got Jess to take a bottle the other day... she has to hold it herself, so independent already. Here's a video of her holding the bottle.




Here's a video of Jess doing the "salamander dance".

4 comments:

Megan Meissner said...

That "salamander dance" is hilarious.

M said...

Jessica is growing up fast. The last video was real hilarious. Her plump legs look like Kathryn's did when she was younger. Lady

Meema said...

J has so much personality. She is SO lucky to have such a great mommy and daddy... I love the 2 videos! She looks so pleased with herself for holding the bottle!

James said...

Proof of taking a bottle ! You saw it here folks. Loved the salamander dance. She was cracking me up when she did that over here. Guess she is working her obliques out. I loved the expression when she was holding her bottle. She looked pretty happy with herself.