Sunday, January 30, 2011

Asleep on the Job

I called this blog "Asleep on the Job" because Jessie seems to be falling asleep everywhere lately. This is probably because she is playing so hard from the time she gets up to the time where she falls asleep in the middle of playing. In this first picture she has just finished chewing on a teething biscuit, I have to watch her because she gets the biscuits so soggy that she manages to break a piece off which is when I take it away. You can see Bunker sitting under her jumper in the background. Those blue eyes, dimple and big gums are quite the combo.
Total heart breaker!
She knows it too!
Here's my wonderful family chillaxin' on the couch together.
I introduced Jessica to one of my favorite John Prine songs yesterday and she fell asleep while we danced.
The gym is no longer something Jess just lays under... she knocks it over, rolls over it, gets wrapped up in it, etc.

When she realizes she is stuck in a position that she can't get out of she will look up at me and whimper, it's really cute.
Yesterday we went out for a really nice walk. I spotted this owl, the size of Pinkerton, up in a tree by the gym. Jessica was asleep for the owl, but I told her about it afterward.
She slept through most of our walk, it was just perfect outside even though it was a little overcast.
After church yesterday, Joe and I took Jessica to Hardee's for breakfast. She fell asleep in the middle of a bottle so we had a very pleasant, quiet breakfast.
When people see her sleeping like this they always feel like they have to tell me to enjoy it while I can. They're totally jealous.
Jessica rolling around on our dirty floor.
I got this new monkey hat for J at the mall, it is totally my style.
My two favorite little monkeys. Yep she's yawning, 'bout to fall asleep again.

It was past Jessica's bedtime so she got a little goofy when we put her in the bouncer. She bounced like a maniac for like 10 minutes straight, I caught some of it on video... enjoy.


Jess looks at Joe when she says Dada now, it's pretty obvious she knows what she is saying. Who can blame her for being completely in love with him? He's everything a girl could ever want in a daddy. Here's a video of Jess n Joe playing.


Joe got a cute video of Jess practicing her roll overs. Joe doesn't think she'll ever be able to crawl because she is "too top heavy" and the mechanics of it just don't configure. She does have trouble getting her knees under her... and she does have a big head (runs in the family).

2 comments:

Meema said...

Oh she is too wonderful for words! She is the prettiest baby I have ever seen, she gets more beautiful every day. The bouncing video was a total crack up. And she is definitely trying hard to roll over for daddy. I miss you all so much... i can't wait to hold my beautiful granddaughter in my arms again.

M said...

Another great blog! See you Friday. Lady