Sunday, March 27, 2011

Never Too Young

I had a special request for a family visit to the zoo on Saturday. Joe isn't really a zoo person so he tried to tell me that Jessica is too young to appreciate the zoo. I didn't buy that for one minute. After all, she appreciates Bunker and Pinky and they are just domesticated zoo creatures. As soon as we got to the zoo Daddy discovered a fun new game: he pushed J's stroller really close to the shrubs and she would stick out her fingers and let the leaves brush her hand. Then the real fun started. Jess proved to Joe that she was definitely not too young with every squeal and kick (and there were tons)! She stared at all the animals and tried to talk to them too.The azaleas are beautiful right now in the panhandle.This zoo had free range peacocks, really cool!Here are some other animals: Small Leopard
A bird of some sort. Some stripey tailed monkey like thingies (not the technical name but who cares).
An armadillo. I'd never seen one alive and up close. There were plenty smashed on the roads in Texas. This was Joe's favorite animal of the day. The African part was gorgeous and we had fun feeding the turtles/catfish in the water below. There is a black monkey on the platform behind Jess.
Jess decided a quick nap was in order. Daddy was just too comfortable. She slept for about 30 minutes and woke up bright eyed and ready to see more animals

We couldn't resist! I do carry her around in a pouch of sorts all day.


Big kitties... lazy lions.Here's a video of the tiger, I think it probably thought that Jessica looked pretty plump and tasty.




You could feed the goats at your own risk. A sign advised to feed them with a cup.





Jess decided to scream at them instead of feeding them.
We did feed a giraffe though.

Here's a video of us feeding the giraffe.




We also fed this llama, you can here Jessica squealing while I try to film it.



I fed the llama too but I was a little nervous holding Jess that close so I ended the party early.




Here is Jessica at home enjoying some strawberries.
She likes to drop things on the floor for Bunker. Here's a video of Joe crackin' her up during dinner time. (While Bunker tries to get my food!)



Jess gets a bath in her duck tub every night, this night she ended up sideways and I thought her little wiggly toes looked really cute.



5 comments:

Meema said...

What a wonderful blog! I almost felt like I was at the zoo with you. Jessica's arms and face looked a little pink from the warm day, I am jealous because it has done nothing but rain here and be about 45 degrees. I can't believe what a big girl she is, she is enjoying everything. I eagerly look forward to every picture and blog. I love when all 3 of you are in the blog doing things together. This little girl is so cute she makes ME squeal!

Haggerty Hacienda said...

Don't worry Mooma, I coated Jessica head to toe with sunscreen before we took her to the zoo and while we were there. :)

James said...

Mom looked pretty timid around the Lama. They are nasty old things anyway. Jessica sure seemed to get a kick out of the visit. That video where Joe is making her laugh cracked me up. The bathtub scene was really cute too. You guys are going to have to put that little girl into swim lessons early. Only two weeks away until we get to see you both. Thanks for the latest blog. I enjoyed the heck out of it.
Dad

M said...

We really enjoyed the pictures and videos of your day at the zoo. Jessica looks startled when Joseph first goes toward her, but then she breaks out in laughter. Real comical. We're looking forward to seeing you on Saturday in Montgomery. Lady and Paw-Paw

Unknown said...

Oh My Goodness!! That video of Joe and Jessica laughing is hilarious! She is getting so big. And the zoo pics are amazing. Makes me miss working at the zoo here in Louisville. I agree too that ANY age is appropriate for the zoo!! Glad you guys are out enjoying the sunshine! Love you all the pieces!
Molly J.