We had a ton of fun this past weekend. If it keeps up like this, Easter just might be Jessica's favorite holiday. On Friday we went to the Gulf Shores Zoo in Alabama, then Saturday was the "Easter
Eggstravaganza" at Blue Angel Recreational Park and Sunday we went to the outdoor Sunrise service at Church and then over to my friend Audra's for lunch. I'll start this blog with some pictures at the Gulf Shores Zoo... We went to the zoo with Audra and her little girl, Alyssa. We got to hold/pet baby kangaroos! Only $5! Here the zoo keeper is introducing us to "Matilda", the baby kangaroo, who weighs 17lbs (3 lbs less than Jessica). Jessica can't wait to get her chubby little hands on Matilda.

Sheer delight!

We took turns holding Matilda.

She was such a sweet gentle little girl.

She would lean into you and nuzzle.

Matilda seemed to like Jessica too.

This is how these baby kangaroos are kept, hanging in a sack on the fence.

It was the smallest zoo I've ever been to but it was not a disappointment by any means.

Saturday was the Easter
Eggstravaganza at the Blue Angel Park. It was a hot muggy day so Jessica dressed accordingly. Actually, everyday has been hot and muggy here lately. I am dreading summer.

We went to the park specifically to get a cute picture of Jessica with the Easter Bunny. But, due to a combination of long lines, baby needs, and total chaos, that didn't happen. I felt sorry for the person wearing that hot bunny suit, I'm sure he/she must have suffered heat stroke. Here we are sitting on the Easter Bunny's bench, the Easter bunny was MIA, probably jumping in the nearby water.


The park was nice too. There was swimming, camping, paintball and more. Only a 30 minute drive from our house.
We did a photo shoot of with the Easter props they had set up around the park.
Here's a picture of Jess before she took off her hat and shoes.
We invited Jessica's friend Jack, from stroller strut, to the park with us. Jack is 5 and a half months old and he is almost as big as Jessica.
Jessica got to try her very first snow cone. It was mostly ice but she couldn't get enough. She threw the biggest tantrum ever when I took it away. Don't worry she sucked on it for 20 minutes or more and her mouth/hands must have been freezing numb.

Sunday morning I woke up really early to get us to the sunrise service at church. Joe got really bad allergies from something outside and Jessica tried to grab the white puffy hair of the lady in front of us. When the pastor made a joke and everyone laughed Jessica started laughing. She didn't want to be the odd one out. We went over to Audra's for lunch. Jessica played with all Alyssa's toys. She tried to pull herself up on Alyssa's toy box and it scared me so I moved her away from it, I'm just not ready for that! 
After a delicious lunch we went outside to play in the grass and water. This was the greenest, softest grass I could find. There isn't much grass in Florida, Audra has a nice yard for this area and it's still a far stretch from the California grass. Jess didn't seem to care though.

Alyssa has a fun water activity table that she shared with Jess.

My arms got tired so I parked her in this little push buggy thingy and she got to play in the water for a long time. She has 100 proof sunblock on and it was 85 degrees outside so I was roasting in the long sleeves.

She really liked the little push car.

So I took her for a spin around the yard.

She might need one of these, hint hint. Her birthday is next month.

I think she really thought she was driving.

Thanks for having us over Audra, you really made our Easter special!
2 comments:
Those are the cutest pictures ever! I feel sorry for the baby kangaroos hanging in sacks rather than a mama's pouch...However that would not stop me from paying the $5 to enjoy holding them!
Jessica is so totally in tune with everything going on around her... She is having a splendid life and you can tell she thinks so too! I think she got a taste of sugar in the snow cone and now she's hooked... just like all her kin that I know of. She is so precious!
That zoo and the park looked like a lot of fun. You got some fantastic pictures. Those were really cute! Ms. Jessica sure seems to like animals and water sports. That is funny about the snow cone. I can imagine her giving you heck for taking it back. She knows what she likes....
Post a Comment