This Memorial Day weekend was, to say it correctly, memorable. I apologize for the redundancy. My little girl turned a year old and we got to spend all weekend with Grandpa Jim. Not to mention our extra special visit with Lady, Paw Paw and cousins Nate and Kate. But I need to start this blog by showing pictures of our new, state of the art, Jessica jail. Jessica is just too fast lately and I needed to have a safe zone so I went out and got this play yard and it works great. Joe pointed out that the box advertised that it can be used on children or pets... but he also says he doesn't know how we lived without it before. As you can see, I use it for both children and pets... hee hee.

Turns out, Jessica loves being in her jail (as long as you are in there with her).

So we all get in there with her, including Grandpa.

Jessica recently learned to point. She points at everything and says, "Da" (even strangers).

We took my dad out for our usual evening walk by the water so he could really get a feel for our Florida lifestyle.

We stopped by the swings so Jessica could get her thrills.

She's such a daredevil.

Here's a video of Jessica swinging, for your enjoyment.
We took my dad out to a local spot called "Sunset Grille". As usual, Jessica made sure that all the staff noticed how cute she was.

It was wonderful having Grandpa here all weekend, Jessica can get accustomed to getting the royal princess treatment.

The Sunset Grille is right on the water so we took a walk after dinner along the dock.


A boat barn.

We had a really nice visit with Lady, Paw Paw, Nate and Kate too.

I like this picture because Kathryn has the sweetest look on her face and she is allowing me the ultimate privilege of holding her.

Jessi and Paw Paw

Kathryn and Nathan discovered our Jessi jail and climbed right in, they thought it was fun. Bunker and Kathryn got to know each other a little better too.

On Memorial Day I took Jessica and my dad to the neighborhood pool for a dip. It was definitely hot enough for it. Jessica decided my hat was a good chew toy.


She likes swimming as much as she likes swinging.

Jessica is climbing a lot lately, she thought that Grandpa looked like a fun person to climb on. She was rewarded with a story when she reached the summit of Mount Everett.

Jessica likes to stare at herself in the mirror. Joe discovered that she likes to play dress up and stare at herself in the mirror even more! Here's a video of our little princess playing dress up.
3 comments:
Very nice blog. I know Grandpa Jim had a great time with Jessica.
Thank you so much for sharing your little girl with me for the weekend. I had a great time, and it was great seeing Joe's family. I hadn't seen them all since your wedding. I loved the video with the tiara, how very appropriate. I treasured every little wave, pat and smile I got from your little princess. Jessica's cousins are both really cute too. That is great that she has cousins so close to her age. Thanks again for all the great blogs. They keep me up with the latest when I can't be there in the flesh. It was a great thing to come home to today.
What a great weekend! I love seeing pictures of Jessi with Nate and Kathryn.
Jessica is having so much fun! The picture of her with mommy and daddy in the mirror is so priceless, she is so happy with herself and both of you! It is so cute. I can't wait to see you all week after next.
Post a Comment