Then Nathan joined and the BBQ chips came out and it was by far the best bath of Jessica's life. An amusing event to watch from the sidelines. We were pretty sure that none of the kids got really clean but they were just going to get dirty again anyway.
And that concludes our Florida Style 4th of July!
Sunday, July 10, 2011
A Florida Style 4th of July
This year we went spent our 4th of July weekend at the Meissner's new home in Niceville, FL. It is a gorgeous two story home near the bay in a golf course community.

Megan's birthday is July 1st, and it was celebrated with more delicious food made by Lady. Jessica and I really enjoyed the red potatoes.
Joe got some practice in taking care of two little girls. They were eating cheerios out of his hands.
Joe's favorite part of this holiday is the fireworks, he's a bit of a pyro. The only fireworks that Megan and I would let him get and set off at the house were the snakes. He really wanted to impress Nathan with something bigger but the snakes seemed to do the job.

Here's a cute picture of the Paw Paw pile up.
Nathan still likes Jessi.
Even Kathryn forgave Jessi for taking all her toys.
Jess and Kat got better acquainted over the weekend.
It's more fun to be friends than rivals.
Especially when daddy/Uncle Joe pulls them around in a plastic bin like a sleigh ride.
Sadly, they waited for me to leave before playing with plastic bins and boxes. So I didn't get to see all the cuteness. I heard it was great fun though.
Kathryn likes jewelry like her momma. She even finds things that aren't jewelry, like napkin rings, and makes them into bracelets.
Nathan often finds himself playing referee with the girls. But there is clearly a bias when it comes to Jess.
Joe, Nate and Paw Paw checked out the beach while we were there. It was overcast, but that didn't seem to dampen their spirits one bit.



We thought we would cheat a little and give the girls a bath together.
Here's a video:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I remember many 4th of July's spent with Joe setting off fireworks from Crazy Al's! Looks like some things never change...
The three cousins are enchanting together. They are so lucky to have each other! Cutest pics ever.. The video is so adorable. The kids clearly love being together. Thank you so much for the wonderful blog!
Very cute pictures and video you guys. Looks like a great time was had by all. Looks like a really nice place they are living in too. A tub big enough for three. Thanks for the latest. I enjoyed it a lot.
I didn't realize how lucky I was to have a fireworks store within walking distance to my house and a place to shoot them off! Maybe again someday.
Lots of people shot off fireworks on my street after everyone left! Ha!
Next visit I won't make everyone work. My house will be all put together. Just let me know a couple weeks in advance before your next visit. It's still not even close!
I am so glad Nathan, Kathryn and Jessica are around each other frequently.
I never thought my kids would live so close to each other since they're both military families. It's wonderful they enjoy each other's company now since they couldn't stand each other growing up.
Post a Comment