Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Rainy Day Blog

Today was a rainy day so I figured I would use my time constructively. I can't take Jess to the pool or splash park, due to the rain, and I took her to visit her cousins yesterday. I am sick of going to the Naval Air Museum and the Mall seems too far away. So I am cleaning the house and playing with my daughter indoors today. There will be a Walmart/Target trip scheduled later this afternoon when the rain stops.

In this first picture she appears to be reading Joe's "Civil War" book. Hmmm, is she going to be a fan of history like her daddy? She's probably just trying to figure out how to tear the pages out. We played dress up with her fancy shoes, she kept pointing her toes and admiring her feet.



She really thinks she is good looking, you can tell by the way she stares at herself in the mirror in this video.




As I mentioned earlier, we spent our Tuesday afternoon at Aunt Megan's house. We both really enjoyed our visit. Jess made herself right at home, exploring and making messes in every corner. Here she is crawling around with one of Kathryn's clean diapers in her mouth. My crazy little animal baby.
Kathryn knew she had to step up her defenses as soon as she saw us pull in the driveway. But, mostly the girls made each other laugh, it was cute. Here's a video of the girls.



Sorry there aren't more pictures from our visit with Nate and Kate but I was taking advantage of Jessica being entertained and I was relaxing.


Here are a couple cute shots of Jessica enjoying daddy time this past week.


In this video I capture one of Jessica's favorite past times: pulling all of the DVDs out of the bookshelf.



Here is another favorite thing to do: empty the diaper bag. (Do you see a common theme?)


Jessica is creating beautiful pieces of artwork for her grand parents in these next videos.








And here's a picture of her fully satisfied with her paintings and the paint on her chin.



I should be mailing her masterpieces tomorrow. And that pretty much sums up our boring rainy day.

3 comments:

James said...

Super cute pictures and video's. I really enjoyed the latest blog. Came home tonight and it made my evening. It always cracks me up how much she enjoys mirrors ! Reminds me of a little girl I knew once.....

M said...

There's a space on our refrigerator door, waiting for the masterpiece. Real nice blog about Jessica'day.

Meema said...

I just discovered the blog! It lifted my spirits and made my day. I love to watch her in action. She and Kathryn are hilarious, they will be lifelong pals. She and Bunker are co cute together. I can't wait for her artwork! Thanks for another wonderful peek into Jessica's life.