Friday, April 5, 2013

More Easter Stuff

Here's our Easter bunny picture.  Allison was not amiable to posing with the bunny by herself.

Jessica wasn't afraid but she was curious and there was a few moments of detailed inspection.



There were a ton of people at Bidwell Park for the annual Easter Egg hunt.  I took this video of the line to get into the hunt.  Keep in mind that this line is just for children 5 years old and younger!

long line

The girls got to hunt Easter eggs three times this year.  First at Meema and Grandad's, then the apartments threw an Easter party and finally at Bidwell Park the day before Easter.  They didn't actually hunt eggs on Easter though.  We tried to go to a big egg hunt on Easter but the girls weren't feeling well so I figured it wasn't necessary to hang around for another egg hunt at that point (plus it was raining on Easter this year).

Here are some videos to the egg hunt at Bidwell Park:




Towards the end of the egg hunt Jessica's basket started overflowing and Allison stopped collecting eggs and instead started re-hiding them.  All the eggs were empty, you turned them in as you were leaving to collect your prize.

They had other activities at the Bidwell Park Easter Party besides the egg hunt, one of them was bowling, here's a video:



Easter was a pretty snuggly day for the girls.  Here they are snuggling with Grandad.  Well, Jessica is snuggling and Allison is forcing him to suck on her paci (if you don't open you'll regret it, believe me).

Here's a video of the girls snuggling with Grandad


Here's another video of us Skyping with Joe on Easter morning.
Here are a couple pictures of the girls digging in the dirt, one of their favorite activites.
We were at the park the other day and this little boy wouldn't go down the slide because it was dirty.  Jessica and Allison pushed passed the little guy and cleaned it right off for him, then they headed over to a nearby mud puddle to stomp in it. (I was a little jealous of that other kids mom, I wouldn't mind it if one of my girls decided that they didn't feel like getting dirty every once in a while.)
As I mentioned before, there was an Easter party at our apartments.  Here is a picture of the girls enjoying the party.
Jessica got to swing at a pinata for the first time (I don't see a career as a baseball player in her future), here's a video:


After the pinata fun, Jessica entertained herself with a worm and a stick.
crazy worm

Jessica and Allison got some really special Easter bags in the mail from Lady and Paw Paw too.  Here are some videos of them opening them.

Easter present from Lady and Paw Paw

Easter present from Lady and Paw Paw part two

Thank You Lady and Paw Paw

The girls on Easter morning.

Here's a cute video of Jessica and Allison being sisters:

This video is sad.  Allison never gets enough of skyping with daddy.  She sometimes will cry and point to the computer saying "daddy!"  In this video she was desperate.

3 comments:

Daddy said...

That's heartbreaking watching Alli cry at the computer. I do like the youtube idea of loading videos.

-Daddy

Meema said...

Poor Alli... She misses Daddy so much!
What a great Easter, Mama. I love the video where Jessi transitions from the comb to the hammer so naturally.. such a smooth move... I love the youtube videos.

M said...

Thank you, so much, for keeping us updated on all your activities. The girls look so cute in their matching outfits. I hate that Jessi wasn't feeling well on Easter, but they seem to have enjoyed all the Easter egg hunts.
The last video is very sad. I know Daddy misses his girls as much as they miss him. Love, Lady