Sunday, November 28, 2010
A California Thanksgiving- Part 1
This Thanksgiving was spent in California and we spent a week there so we have a ton of pictures. That is why I have to split the blog posts up into several parts that will go in chronological order. Jess and I spent the entire Saturday before Thanksgiving on a plane... that was a very trying time for me. Luckily we made it to California in one piece, except for the fact that Jess caught her first cold (tons of snot and a low grade fever). Grandpa Jim picked us up at the airport Saturday night. Sunday afternoon we drove over to Grandma Kari's mom and dad's house so Jessica could meet her new cousin, Audrianna. Grandma Kari's youngest son, Michael, is Audrianna's daddy. Jessica was very pleased to meet a baby smaller than her. We had to watch Jessica's little grabby hands while they were on the floor together.
I like the group shots we got of Grandma Kari holding Audrianna and Grandpa Jim holding Jessica.
We took several shots because it was hard to get them all to look in the same direction at the same time. Except for Audrianna, she slept like a little angel.
Do you see all that hair! I just had to put my fingers in it, Audrianna is gifted in the hair department. It's kinda funny that Grandma Kari and Audrianna have hair and Jess and Grandpa Jim do not... the haves and the have nots.
Grandpa Jim and Jessica spent as much time catching up as possible. She wouldn't take a bottle so that robbed Grandpa of some precious one on one time... we're working on the bottle thing.

Those hands are either clasped together, in her mouth or both. Here they are both... and I believe that's why she got a cold this trip.
Grandpa Jim showed Jessica a new toy, she studied it for a while.
Grandpa introduced Jess to bananas...
Jess introduced the bananas to her bib.

After the bananas a bath was a necessity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Super cute. I can't wait for the next post!
Looks like Jessica was not lacking for attention. Thanks for the update. Lady
She is so good about posing for a good photo shoot. Ha Ha about the haves, and have nots ! At least Jessica is making up ground quick on that score. Don't think that is going to happen for Grandpa though. I really enjoyed trying to feed Jessica. She seemed to get quite the kick out of the sensation even though not much went down I think. I am missing her already. Thank you so much for the latest blog. Hope Dad had fun driving his Mustang home today.
Clearly Jess, Grandpa Jim and Grandma Kari made the most of their visit:) Very astute on the haves and have nots, once you pointed it out we were laughing out loud! That little angel has completely captured my heart just like I knew she would. I was so sad the first two days she was gone I could hardly smile. I wanted to ask complete strangers while grocery shopping if I could PLEASE hold their baby, just for a minute? Then I would see the little face, and it wasn't Jess, and the urge would vanish. I love this little girl so much. Joe I hope your trip was exciting and fun. The real fun will be showing off your two beautiful girls along pensacola beach with the top down!
Post a Comment