Hi everyone, Joe here. Lexi has been super busy so I'm gonna help her out with the blog. After almost a year of planning for it, we finally made the big move to Pensacola, Florida. It's a 12 hour drive from San Antonio, but we split it up into two days for the benefit of Jessica and our two cats. I'm sure Lexi and I would have rather just got the unpleasantness over with in one day. I drove the cats and Lexi drove Jessica. I'm not sure who had the crappier deal. Listening to Jessica cry is heart wrenching, but listening to nonstop cat meows is pretty maddening as well.
Here's my traveling companions.

We were excited and relieved to see the base.

We went over to our new home but had to wait 2 hours before we could meet with the housing office. Jessica enjoyed being carried around outside the house.

The movers arrived with all our stuff on Wednesday and it was pretty tough to unpack because one of us had to tend to Jessica. Luckily my mom (aka Lady) volunteered to drive down from Georgia to assume Jessica duties while Lexi and I put our house together. She was able to get Jessica to start taking a bottle again and that was awesome. She really was a lifesaver.
Getting reacquainted

Jessica passed out after the bottle
She brought Jessica a book and read to her.


She gave Jessica a bath and they had a blast.

Lately, Jessica has been staring at us and
drooling while we eat. I mean staring so intently that it almost makes you uncomfortable. So, Lexi decided that maybe it was time to let her try some rice cereal. On Friday morning Lady fed Jessica her first non-milk meal. Jessica knew exactly what to do when the spoon went up to her mouth.


However, she wasn't quite sure what to do with the food once it was in her mouth, but she figured it out quickly.


Jessica is always in a great mood in the mornings and Lady snapped this cute picture shortly after Jessica woke up.

Considering its November, the obvious thing to do for fun is go to the beach, right? Well, that's what Lady decided she wanted to do today. Lexi and Jessica stayed behind and caught up on much needed sleep while we drove out to Pensacola Beach.

As you can see, it was a beautiful day and the beach was beautiful. No sign of oil anywhere!
5 comments:
It was fun while it lasted. Now Montgomery is just a rest stop on the way to Pensacola. :)
It looks beautiful where you live! It's clear Jessica loved her vist with Lady. She is so cute in the bathtub. We can't wait to get to Florida and get reaquainted with Jessica ourselves!
I have 6 months to make Jessica love me. I'm taking this challenge very seriously.
I am glad you had some help. That is great that your little Jessica accepted a bottle again. That will makes things a lot easier. That was really nice of Lady to help you get settled in to your new home. Looks like a great place.
I am soo happy you three are getting all settled in!! I've been super busy and was excited to have time to sit down in my office this evening to do some beading and stamping...and it dawned on me that I haven't been to your blog for a while. LOVE all the new pics!! I miss you terribly and Love you to pieces! Can't wait till we can visit again! I've just got to meet your little angel!
Love You Sweetie!!
Molly J.
Post a Comment