We snuck in a quick overnight trip to Montgomery, Alabama to see Jessica's cousins Nathan and Kathryn (aka HurriKate and TorNato). Kathryn turns a year old on November 19th! Nathan is 3 1/2 he will be 4 in April. The drive is only 3 hours so we are going to be visiting as much as we can because they will be moving in 6 months. This blog entry has a ton of pictures so it might be hard to believe that our visit was only 24 hours.

Nathan is really gentle with Jess, he is soooo sweet when he gives her kisses... Kathryn only gets kisses when he makes her mad or is a little too rough with her. So, she was pretty happy to see someone smaller than her.

She showed Jess her baby doll and her plush pink chair.

Kat and Jess loved staring at each other. It was a much needed break from the move. Jessica hasn't had time to just be a kid lately. Joe and I got some spoiling too, Aunt Megan cooked really delicious food for us. It was nice to not be surrounded by unpacked boxes and a mile long to do list... my batteries were totally recharged.

Paw Paw drove down from Georgia to see Jess. They spent hours in the backyard Thursday night playing with a little plastic golf ball. Even Jess got to play (strapped to the daddy mule of course).

You throw the ball and then try to be the first to get it.

They have a really big backyard.

With a TRAMPOLINE!!!!!

Jess has grown a lot since Paw Paw saw her in August for her baptism. She is 16 pounds now (that's only 4 pounds less than cousin Kathryn aka phat phat).

I felt bad that Nathan had to share his precious Paw Paw time with two little girls. So, luckily, on Friday morning he got to go visit the Alabama state capitol building with Uncle Joe and Paw Paw (no girls allowed). Here he is on the steps making his famous picture face.

And with Uncle Joe making the famous picture face.

Jess stayed up late, later than Kathryn, on Thursday night so she could sit in Kat's chair. Goldielocks, I mean Jess, was so pleased with herself.

She knew she was really getting away with something. Luckily, Lady bought Jessica her own chair so she won't have to sneak around after hours for chair time like a little criminal.

Here's Joe with the dangerous duo.

Those babies are a good look for him, what a handsome manimal!

Jessica showed Kathryn her glow worm.

Kathryn was intrigued for about 5 minutes.


Kathryn's favorite thing to do is climb.

Jessica is a very good baby when she has Kathryn to entertain her... daddy and I kinda get boring at home and she yells at us.

Kathryn's beauty takes my breath away when she makes eye contact. It's a good thing that she is usually too busy to look at you or I wouldn't be able to breathe around her.

I am mad that this picture didn't load right. It is adorable!

Jess always knows where the camera is. What a HAM!

While Joe, Nate and Paw Paw hung out at the state capitol, us girls had some fun of our own. We sang and danced to the alphabet song "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom", here is a video of that.
Here's another video of Jess and Kat's interactions.
3 comments:
That visit was so much fun.
That last video is funny. Everything is calm and quiet until Nathan barges in with a stuck Pez emergency. Typical.
Oh we enjoyed this blog so much! The pictures of the cousins together were too cute. Lexi I'd like to know if your dad agrees, but those pictures of Jess look just like you as a baby! Her big belly laughs in the first video were so funny we were laughing out loud. And what a talker. These three children are so beautiful.
Nothing worse than your PEZ getting stuck !
I am not sure who Jessica looks like yet. I see Lexi there, but I see Joe too. I just know she is a very beautiful baby. And that laugh was precious. Can't wait to see Jessica and hold her in my arms soon! I agree that Kathryn and Nathan are both great looking kids. I got a kick out of the PEZ emergency. Thank you for the blog and sharing all the great pictures with us.
Post a Comment