Sunday, November 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Allison!




Sunday morning didn't start out any different than any other day, but Lexi felt something was a little off. At around 10AM, she said that she had been having contractions that felt a little more regular and stronger. So we called the doula to come assist us and summoned Aunt Megan to come take care of Jessica while we went to the hospital.



Once we got to the hospital, Lexi was dilated 7 cm and was doing great. As if I didn't already know this, Lexi is a absolute superwoman. The entire hospital staff was amazed at how relaxed and controlled her laboring was. When it came time to push, the baby was in perfect position to come out and after several monumental pushes, we finally got to meet Allison Camille.



She weighed in at 7 lbs 15 oz and as 20 inches long. She was born at 10:49PM on 13 November
She was very alert and daddy got some good face time while they cleaned her up.


Of course, more pics to come!

6 comments:

Meema said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! She is perfectly beautiful! I can tell Lexi is inspecting her with the eye of a nurse, checking her color. Tell me if I'm wrong!
I can't believe how well the birth went - It's directly attributable to Lexi's preparation. She studied every aspect and was physically and mentally prepared for any anything that might happen.
It's amazing how alert Allison is!
The picture of Allison and Daddy looking at each other is very touching, the look of love in Daddy's eyes is unmistakable.
Wow you are now a family of 4!!
I can't wait to hold my precious new granddaughter, and my precious Jessi!

James said...

What a little doll !
I am so glad that things went well with Allison. She looks just beautiful. Thank you so much for taking the time to post this blog. You have got to be tired.

M said...

Wonderful! We'be been blessed with another grandchild. Allison Camille Haggerty is absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to hold her in my arms. She does look very alert on the last picture and her daddy couldn't look any prouder on the picture with Allison. Love, Lady

Amanda said...

How exciting! She's beautiful. Welcome, Allison! And congrats to Mom, Dad, and big sister!

Megan Meissner said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to meet her! I think she looks like me in the last picture.

Aunt Ruth said...

Congratulations to the Haggerty family. Can't wait to meet my new grandniece. Everyone looks so happy. God is good.

Love,
Aunt Ruth