Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween

It was never any question in my mind what Jessica would be for Halloween this year. She has had her little red furry costume sitting in our living room for over a month now. My costume, on the other hand, was decided two days before at 3 am (pregnancy insomnia) and made the day of Halloween. I decided to dress Allison up as Elmo's best friend Dorothy (the goldfish).Jessica thought it was a great idea, especially since she plans to be BFF's with her little sister.Here's a video of Jess checking out our costumes in the mirror.

Jessica rolled around all over the ground outside, totally ruining the costume, it was delightfully padded so it didn't hurt to throw herself on the ground and roll around.Here's a video of the rolling and crawling.


Here's a picture of Allison dressed up as Dorothy. Also, it's a cute coincidence that Ali is floating around in a little bag of water just like a little fish.



Jessica got to eat a cherry blow pop the day after Halloween. I wasn't brave enough to let her have it right before bed after she's just gotten over being sick for a week. It was worth the wait for her, it took her over half an hour to lick it down to the gum and then she gnawed on the gum for a bit before a nice warm bath.

4 comments:

James said...

What a cute Elmo ! I really liked the last picture after the blow pop. She seemed pretty pleased with her costume and the blow pop. Made my tuesday evening. Thank you for the nice halloween blog. I was handing out tons of candy last night. We handed out 11 bags of fun size treats last night. It was crazy. I was thinking about you as I saw all the little ones in their costumes. I didn't get one Elmo last night though. Thanks again for the great new blog.
Dad

Meema said...

What great costumes! Jess looks and sounds so pleased with herself! I love the videos. It's plain to see Jess had a memorable Halloween. She'll love looking back at these blogs! Lex if you painted Dorothy yourself you are a real picasso. It's so perfect! It's not a decal? I will be showing these videos to the ladies at work today as always, I am so proud. I can't wait to see you again, and to finally meet Ali. I miss you so much!

M said...

Jessica looks adorable in her costume. What a cute idea you had for "dressing" Allison as Elmo's best friend. Did Daddy get some of Jessica's candy?

Megan Meissner said...

Joe must not have known about that blow pop because if he did there would be no way he would have let Jessica have it because he would have wanted it for himself. He used to keep a stash of blow pops under his bed at all times growing up.

That is the best idea ever to dress Allison up as Dorothy. I love it.