On Saturday we took our first road trip with Allison over to Niceville to celebrate Kathryn's 2nd birthday. We didn't want to miss the party but we had no idea that we were bringing Kathryn something so wonderful and exciting... I'm not talking about the gift we got her... I'm talking about Allison. Kathryn's 2nd birthday was filled with babies, both real and plastic.

I don't think enamored is a strong enough word to describe Kathryn's feelings for Allison.

Kathryn was instantly in love, but Jessica acted like the baby was old news once she got to her cousins' house... except for when Aunt Megan held Allison, which made her upset. Jessica has claimed Megan for herself since they spent the evening together while Alli was being born.

Here's a few videos of Kathryn blowing out the candles on her cake. She is waiting so patiently in this first video, too cute.
We had a lot of fun watching the kids open the presents too. Yep, they all helped but Kathryn didn't seem to mind. I soon discovered that Kathryn must have a thing for babies because she got several baby dolls for her birthday, I think I counted three. There were also two strollers.

All Kathryn wanted to do all night was hold Allison.
And here's what happened when we took her baby away. I have a feeling that Kathryn is going to be an excellent mommy some day.
This trip was just the break that we all needed, especially Jessica. We'd been trapped in the house all week.
This next video is funny because of what Nathan says, listen close.
Here's Jessi trying out her cousins' wheels.


A picture I snapped on the way to the Meissners' that shows Jessi sharing her Pooh bear with her little sister. She put the Pooh bear there herself.

Cute pic of Alli.
Side note: My little girls are growing up too fast! Last night Allison's cord fell off and this morning Jessica climbed out of her crib... what are we going to do!?!
3 comments:
Kathryn is the sweetest little girl! I can't believe she just wanted to hold Allison, what a little angel.
How plain to see that the sun rises and sets on Nathan for Jessica! They are so funny together.
It seems like Alli was just born yesterday and now her cord has fallen off.
OH NO she's done it, Jessi's climbed out of her crib! How will you keep her in there for naptime and bedtime now??? I want updates!These little girls are growing up WAY too fast for me too!
I was just thinking, Alli and Kathryn will be best buddies and the "teams" will even out! I'm so glad!
Kathryn is such a little sweetie. Those pictures and the video's were too cute for words. Nathan sure holds Jessica's attention. He is so nice to his little cousin. I'll bet it was nice to get out and about. I guess if Jessica was willing to share the pooh bear, there is hope that she is adjusting to having a little sister. Thank you for the great blog. Can't wait to see you all.
Post a Comment