Sunday, June 3, 2012

Birthday Blog

We had a big birthday celebration for Jessica at the Splash Park on Saturday.  A lot of people showed up to help us celebrate.  Thank goodness Megan, Steve, Lady and Paw Paw got there a little early; they helped me get everything set up in time.  Joe and I had a few set backs that we should have anticipated... Allison wouldn't let me put her down and Jessica was helping daddy by undoing everything he was trying to do. 
We let all the kids go to the splash park first thing.  Because, quite frankly, they couldn't care less about the food and festivities inside.  There wasn't even time to put Jessica's swimsuit on.   A good time was had by all.. all the kids that is... the adults just had to stay out of their way for the most part.



Every time I looked a my little girl she was smiling, it made me feel fantastic. 

Come to think of it, I don't think I saw very many frowns at all during Jessica's party.

Jessica tried to hang out with all of her guests, but it was very hard because Nathan was there and he is just irresistible to Jessica.
Jessica was soaking wet when she was finally ready to eat, here's a picture of Joe trying to keep her warm in the air conditioning.








Once Jessica was inside we decided to have her blow out candles and open presents, we didn't know if there would be another opportunity.



Here is a video of Jessica blowing out her candles.  It's cute because she is doing some practice blows while we sing happy birthday to her.

This fish tank at the community center was a big hit with our little party goers.

Here's a video I took to give people who couldn't attend an idea of the layout and a feel for the mood of the party. 

It was a beautiful day for a splash park party.




Jessica even had Nathan and Ella fighting over her (a dream come true!).  Nathan sneakily stuck it to Ella by quietly telling her that he was going over to Jessica's house after the party.  Ella had a fit and wanted to go over to Jessie's too.  Ella's mom made me tell Ella that Jessica had to take a nap.
Kathryn and Jessica enjoyed lounging at the after party at our place.
N
They shared a bag of Doritos.

Nathan had to climb into Lady's lap so he could watch over Allison better.

Allison was a little trooper as usual.

4 comments:

Joe said...

What a fun day that was! Jessica had a wonderful time.

Meema said...

What a wonderful birthday party! This is such a good blog, I can imagine exactly how it felt to be there. The picture of Lady, Paw Paw, Grandma Gherkin and the girls is priceles.. worth framing!
I can tell Jessica had a fantastic time, and so did everyone else.

Megan Meissner said...

Great party! We all enjoyed it just as much as the birthday girl!

PS...that was fight over who Jessica belonged to was hilarious, priceless!

James said...

Sorry I missed this one. Hopefully I can make next years. Looks like another raving success though !