Friday, June 15, 2012

Blueberry Pickers

Today we went to the Hillcrest blueberry patch to pick some blueberries and sample some of their home made ice cream. 
We went with my running buddy, Hillery, and her two sons.

Jessica got to hold her own bucket... as long as she felt like it.  She kept turning it over and using it as a drum.  I didn't think we were going to get very many blueberries because she kept eating them and turning the bucket over.

They don't just have blueberries.  They have fresh eggs, squash, honey, etc.



It was a hot day, as it usually is in Florida, and Jessica decided the stroller looked like a pretty good deal after a little while.  Sorry, no pictures of me and Alli.  I had Alli strapped to the front of me, as usual, and I forgot to have Hillery snap a picture of us.  Allison was picking too, she just kept getting leaves and they didn't taste as good as the blueberries.

We managed to pick a pound and it only cost us one dollar.  Yay for us!  I am going to freeze some for smoothies.


3 comments:

James said...

Those were some cute videos and pictures. Those are great in smoothies! What a cool place. It was nice to get home today and see the new blogs.

M said...

After reading the blog, I'm hungry for a blueberry pie. Looks like Jessica had fun.

Meema said...

Jessica looks so sweet with her bucket and little head of curls! I love hearing her voice in the videos. It looks like she was curious about what what in the little boy's bucket, but then tried to reassure him, it's OK, I won't take any if you don't want me to, I'll just check out this little boy's bucket, over here.... I miss you all so!