The Chico mom's group I joined had a play date at Ron's Reptiles on Tuesday. I have officially found heaven for Jessica.
Allison could really care less about all the reptiles and was glad that my lap was free the whole afternoon to climb in and out of it as she pleased. My lap was free because Jessica was going from one reptile to the next, a total sensory overload.This was the only time Jessica was in my lap... and the only time she frowned.
Here are a couple videos of the snapping turtles, I used to have a pair of these when I was little. We use to feed them goldfish in the bathtub and they would bite them in half. Jessica doesn't care that I keep telling her that they will bite her fingers off.
There are teachable moments too.
Learning to say Excuse Me
Allison took her shoes off again.
Allison found her own mischief. It had nothing to do with the reptiles though, she preferred digging in the dirt and wandering off into little crevices.
Here are a couple videos of the Bearded Dragon. Notice how the Dragon has a mouth full of lettuce, that was Jessica's contribution. She stole the lettuce and fed it to the Dragon when the lady wasn't paying attention.
Jessica got to hold a python too. These videos are hard to watch, you feel sorry for the snake. She only wants to put the snake down at the end so she can hold another one.
This little green lizard had personality, and Jessica kept trying to break him out of his cage.

3 comments:
Jessica is lucky to have all her fingers after manhandling all the different types of reptiles. I don't know if I'm proud of her for being fearless like that or terrified.
Love, Daddy
Oh, my goodness! Jessica is afraid of nothing!
I was pretty impressed with how long she carried the python! Those red eared turtles are harmless, except to goldfish and pollywogs. The look on Allison's face in that second picture is classic. Somebody was pissing her off. Thank you for the pick me up after a long week.
Post a Comment