Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Hiking Upper Park with Grandpa

 We did a 4 mile hike (round trip) in Upper Bidwell Park on Labor Day with my dad.  The girls didn't do much hiking, they were way too distracted by digging in the dirt (Jessica) and putting rocks in their mouth (Allison).  This was the best "start of the hike" picture I could get.
 Allison tagged along with Grandpa for a few hundred feet before we got tired of stopping and making her spit out the rocks she was finding along the trail.
 I love this pic.
 Initially, I put Allison on my back and Jessica on my dad's back.
 A nice lady out for a jog with her black lab stopped to take a picture for us.  You can see the top of Jessica's head behind my dad's shoulder if you look closely.
 I took a video of Allison riding along on my back, check out the expression on her face, it's hilarious.

Hiking with Allison

After a little while we switched babies, because Jessica was whining about wanting me to hold her on my front.  She got her way... then she fell asleep.  The hike was more for me than for the girls anyway.

After the Switch

After the Switch 2

Allison rode along on Grandpa's back perfectly content leaning over and watching the delicious rocks go by the entire time.
 We hiked down into the creek and let the girls play for awhile so I could hydrate and refuel.

Playing in the Creek

The water looked good to Jessica until she felt the slime on the rocks between her toes, then she was not so much into the water thing.  But, I did let her pee outside like a dog and that was probably the highlight of her day.

After a short nap, when we got back home, we went outside and played around a bit.  My dad and I agreed that it would probably be best if Allison waits till she's 18 to get her license.  (She just puts her foot on the gas pedal and goes, steering is beneath her.)


Other pics from this week.

Enjoying ice cream cones.

Trying to get a selfy of all of us wearing our Tennessee shirts for Joe.
I had to bribe them with chocolate and this was the best they could do!
You can't tell from this picture but Allison's belly pops out of the bottom of her shirt.  She will get Jessica's hand me down and we will get Jess a new one when daddy gets back.


Here are a couple cute videos too.  Meema did sustain a minor injury when Jessica stepped on her.


Jessica learned to somersault, like the mean queen on Little Einsteins, and Allison didn't like Jessica getting so much attention for it.
Jessica's Somersault


5 comments:

M said...

Looks like the Haggerty girls had a busy Labor Day weekend. Your family really enjoys all of God's outdoor creations, Lexi. Jessica and Allison are enjoying it now too. Real nice blog and videos.

James said...

I had a lot of fun watching their antics. Have to take them hiking again soon. That was a great shot with the matching Tennessee shirts. Thank you for the latest.

Daddy said...

Boy, I can't wait to get back and join you on some of these adventures. They look like so much fun.

Love, Daddy

Meema said...

I'm so glad the girls are getting used to hiking! They will enjoy it throughout their entire lives. They are such troopers (OK, it does not come without a price, about a 35 and 40 lb price).
I can't wait until our hike to Feather Falls!

Megan Meissner said...

Looks like a fun day!

I don't know how you carry them the whole way! Talk about burning calories!