On Saturday we ran in a 5k in Bidwell park. It was the CASA superhero run, CASA stands for Child Advocacy something something. We dressed up like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) and Grandad was Master Splinter, their rat teacher/father figure. There was a dispute between the girls over who would get to be Leonardo (the leader in blue). We were going to switch halfway through the race but Allison wouldn't leave her headband on so I didn't bother. It was cute hearing Allison saying, "I aunt bee E-O-NARDO!" Then Jessica, "NO, I'm going to be Leonardo". Then Allison, "NOOO, GECKA!" It can be pretty cute when they argue... for now anyway.

Donnie, the purple headband, was Allison's second choice. Ofcourse, Meema and I were assigned our headbands by Jessica.
Michelangelo had a pretty cute Spiderdog too.
Check out the hairdo.
Chico people love their dogs. I think there were more dogs dressed up than people!
This was my favorite costume. The jet packs were two liter bottles and the pants said committed.Jessica is my little marathon runner. I knew she liked to run because she always does laps on the sidewalk circle at our apartments. The sheer joy on her face and the shrieks and giggles of excitement while she tried to pass everyone up were priceless.
Jessica and Allison were the only ones who managed to stay dry.
After the race we went to a petting zoo that I had heard about from my moms group. It would have been a lot more fun if it wasn't so cold, wet and muddy. But the girls enjoyed mingling with the animals.
Here's a bonus video of the girls playing right outside our apartment. There is a good patch of mud right outside our door that they enjoy digging in.

5 comments:
Boy, that mud making video at the end sure took me back in time....
That run looked like a really cool event. The costumes were great. Jessica was really going for it in that last video! Thank you for the latest, It made my day.
That's quite a fancy setup to keep the girls out of the rain. The race looked like a pretty fun time especially since Jessica was able to get out and run.
Love, Daddy
I love the family costumes! Even funnier that you ran into another set of TMNT!
Megan
Looks like Jessica is going to be a runner like her Mommy and Daddy. It was funny that Allison got tired and realized it's much easier riding in the stroller. Looks like Allison is getting curly hair.
I was surprised at how much Jessica ran! She is a natural runner. That was fun!
Post a Comment