We ran a 3K race in Oroville for fun. The fun part is that people spray you with water while you are running. I put rain coats on the girls so they wouldn't get too wet. It's definitely Fall in California, you can feel the crispness in the morning air.
I started the race in the back, thinking that I would clog things up with a wide jogging stroller in the front. I passed almost everyone in front of me and managed to win first in the 19-35 year old category.
No one wanted to squirt the girls so we stayed pretty dry up till we ran by the Fire Trucks.
Running Past the Fire Truck
Allison was a little shocked by the whole experience. She didn't like being squirted but everyone else seemed to be enjoying it, so confused.
After the Firetruck
Grandad found these cute little fans for the girls, look closely (or magnify your screen) so you can read it. It's pretty funny.
Allison, Miss Independent, didn't want anyone to hold her hand but the railings on the bridge were just far enough apart to make me nervous so I escorted her against her will.

4 comments:
Way to go Lexi! 1st place, that's great, and all while pushing those girls!
That was a fun day, and free flu shots at the Salmon Festival, too.
Lexi's cool Coleman grill (even came with a carrying bag) more than covered her entry fee, it was win win!
You are awesome honey. I was cracking up looking at how pissed off Allison looked after being squirted. Those fireman generated some bad mojo there ! Looked like a good time.
Wow, Lexi, Nathan better worry about competing with you for first place when the Haggerty/Meissner race takes place when you visit. He's worried about Uncle Joe beating him.
I be Jessi and Alli don't know what it's like to be walked in their stroller. They're used to going fast.
Congratulations on your 1st place win!!
Post a Comment