Thursday, May 23, 2013

Allison's first day of Preschool

I should be asleep right now but I am missing my babies' daddy so much right now that I think sharing these pictures will help me fall asleep.  Here is a picture of my little war torn refugees on little sisters first day.  I expected to see Allison crying when I walked in but... I hear a child screeching hysterically like she'd gotten really hurt (stung by a bee or something).  When I realized it was Jessica I ran over to where she was at expecting the worst case scenario but I could tell she was pretty intact, no life threatening injuries.  Then the teacher tells me that Jessica is upset because she doesn't want to clean up or stand in line.  Yikes!  Daddy heard the whole conversation because I failed to hang up the Skype on my iPhone when I ran to Jessica.  I don't know which of my little munchkins looks more miserable in this picture.
 I put the girls on a sleep schedule to help ensure that they are rested when the go to preschool.  I have checked on both of them through out their mornings there and it seems to have improved both of their experiences and general demeanor.
 Now they expect to sit on the bench a take a picture every time.  Whether they sit still and look at the camera is irrelevant to them.
Allison's favorite part of preschool is when they get to go to the gym.

3 comments:

Meema said...

They are such big girls now!

M said...

I'm looking forward to visiting Jessica's and Allison's preschool.
I only have five days before I get to see them in person!

Daddy said...

Yes, it was awful hearing Jessica screaming on Skype, but I was relieved when I heard the teacher said she was alright. It seems like your strict sleep schedule is working. They've been angels the last few days on Skype.

Love, Daddy