Saturday, May 11, 2013

Fun at the Dentist

 The title of this blog wasn't meant to be sarcastic, we actually had FUN at the dentist!  I found a pediatric dentist in Chico to take Jessica to for her first check up.  I was pleasantly surprised, where was a dentist like this when I was little?!  The waiting room was like a playground and they had a cool bubble effects wall in the back.  The hygienist even let Jessica and Allison play with her power chair and they both got to pick out a prize when the visit was done.  There were TV's playing cartoons on the ceiling!  Here are some pictures of the waiting room.

 Jessica picking out a toothbrush (Allison picked one out too).
 Playing in the chair.

 Watching the cartoons on the ceiling.
 And here are a couple videos.  I told Jessica she had to open her mouth so the dentist could clean her teeth, just like the bird cleans the crocodiles teeth on this Wonder Pets DVD we have.  The hygienist said that Jessica had a very curious tongue, that didn't surprise me, she's a curious kid. Here are some videos at the dentist office.
Dentist 1

Dentist 2

Dentist Waiting Room


The girls' favorite toy is the toy bin that I keep their toys in.  The dump out all the toys and play with the bins.  They make good turtle shells, doggie baths and sleds (to name a few).  Here's a video and  picture.
toy bins

We played dress up one day.  Jessica was Tinkerbell and Allison was Captain Hook (daddy, you were Peter Pan).
Jessica loves to pretend that she's a pony and put shoes on her hands and feet.  She found some really good "hooves" at a shoe store and I got a video of her struggling to walk in them.
Enjoying some watermelon by the pool.


 I am either brave or masochistic to bring the girls to an ice cream shop all by myself...
Here's a video:
ice cream shop

Here's another video of the girls hanging out in Meema and Grandad's backyard again.
Lounging

And Allison helping Grandad plant a garden:
planting a garden

I had a fresh salad with the lettuce Grandad grew in his garden last night.

6 comments:

Daddy said...

I'm so proud of Jessica for being a good girl at the dentist and I'm glad she doesn't have any cavities.

Love, Daddy

M said...

Watching Jessica and Allison eating watermelon and ice cream, made me hungry for both. The video of Jessica walking with shoes on her hands is very funny. The last video of Allison "helping" Granddad with his garden is very cute.
Love, Lady

Meema said...

The bin scenario is hilarious, the way Jeesi doles out the animals, I was thinking Alli might end up with 1 or none. And Alli is so pleased because Jessi is playing with her!

James said...

That looked like an over the top Dentist office. I am with you, I wish they had ones like that when I was a kid !
I am so glad they are both having fun. Enjoy that organic produce.

Daddy said...

And also, that picture of Allison in the Captain Hook costume is hilarious!

Love, Daddy

Megan Meissner said...

Captain Hook is hilarious!

I love how Allison just goes along with whatever Jessica's imagination comes up with!