Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Father's Day

I got to have a really nice visit with my dad on Father's Day.  The girls even tried to cooperate, as much as possible.  We took Grandpa to the spider web park and the girls showed off some of their gymnastic skills.  It is hard to watch them constantly teetering on the edge of disaster and they have absolutely no fear, as Grandpa found out.

 Luckily, for Allison's sake, Grandpa was there to catch her every time.
 Look closely, you can see Jess catching some air.
 Don't look down!


Here's a few videos of my dad playing with the girls at our apartment.  Notice how good Jessica is at taking turns... then there's Alli...



 After the park Grandpa treated his girls to some delicious Burger King (it was my idea).  He even got some caffeine free sprite, I noticed and appreciated it.  These girls don't take no for an answer when it comes to fountain drinks and caffeine brings out the gremlins in them.

 We've been having mini ice cream cones every day this week.  They are way too messy to eat in the house so I always have them eat them outside and then I put them in the bath or take them to the pool directly.



The weather has been beautiful too, perfect driving weather.








4 comments:

Daddy said...

Very entertaining blog. I was cracking up watching Alli throw a fit when it was Jessica's turn with Grandpa. Remind me never to get on her bad side. It seems Jessica has finally learned how to drive the Escalade. When I was there, she didn't know how to steer.

Love, Daddy

Meema said...

I think in Grandpa 2, Alli is saying "I touch the ceiling." (baby translation is an inexact science, at best)
Alli really knows how to turn on those tears! It is hilarious, poor Jessi. It's so funny how Jessi gets revenge by locking sister in the kitchen. Those two crack me up. All in all, Jessi is very patient with sissy.

James said...

That cracked me up. Thank you for the great Fathers day. I loved seeing all of you. That Allison sure gets mad quick! I would agree that translation can be inexact. Jessica is sure getting up to speed on that big wheel. I was pretty impressed with the driving of the escalade myself. The picture with the swim suits and ice cream was pretty classic.

M said...

What a wonderful way for Grandpa Jim to celebrate Father's Day with his special girls.