Friday, June 7, 2013

Jessica's Party

On the morning of Jessica's party Lady and Paw Paw kept the girls busy so I could get stuff ready for the party.  They played outside in our playground for a very long time.  Here is a picture of Jessica posing, lady taught her that.
 I know that there is a name for this thing that Paw Paw does (when kids stand on his hands), Joe calls it his signature move.
Jessica, my little superstar.




 When we got to Caper Acres the picnic area that I had reserved for Jessica's party was already decorated and ready to go, thanks to Meema.  Jessica and Allison discovered the inflatable dinosaurs that I bought at the dollar store as part of the decorations.
 Those dinosaurs were much more than decorations to Jess and Alli.  The purple one popped, I had to sneakily throw it out, but the green one is named David and he is sleeping on the floor next to Jessica's bed right now (girls are in bed).  Here is a video of a Dinosaur Beat Down.

Beating the Dinosaurs

We got Joe on Skype for the Happy Birthday Song and the pinata.  Jessica had more turns on the pinata than anyone but I didn't get a video of her.  This video of her 2nd Cousin (3rd Cousin?, I can't figure it out) Colton is pretty good though.

Colton at the Pinata

Happy Birthday Song with Daddy

Another Birthday Song

Yet Another Birthday Song

Of course there is cake after the Birthday Song, or in Jessica's Case, Icing.
 Allison got her share of cupcake too.  At one point I looked over and she had a bubble of icing in her nose that would inflate with each exhale.  I wish I had gotten a video of that.
 After cake comes presents.
 Allison had a front row seat to every event.
 Some times it even seemed like they might even be conjoined, if you didn't know better.  Watch this opening present video and decide for yourself.
Opening Presents

 Remind me to let Jessica take one of Allison's toys at her party in November, you'll see why when you watch this next video.
 Hostile Tricycle Takeover



The girls had some fun with the balloons too.
Paw Paw took this picture.

7 comments:

Meema said...

What wonderful pictures and videos! Jessica had a great birthday, it would have been perfect if Daddy was there.

Daddy said...

I'm glad I was able to attend the party virtually. That piñata looked like a lot of fun for the kids. Did anyone bust it open?

Love, Daddy

M said...

Jessica had a great 3rd birthday party! The pictures and videos captured a lot. I love the necklace Allison had on...very convenient if she got hungry for candy.

Haggerty Hacienda said...

Yes, Jessica's preschool friend's older brother knocked the ice cream right off the cone :)

Megan Meissner said...

Looks like a fun day for everyone! Happy 3 years, Jessica!

Aunt Megan

James said...

As I recall, somebody DID bust that pinada open. The video of the hostile big wheel takeover was classic.

James said...

I forgot to say thank you for teaching Jessica how to pose. That was really cute!